GarageSale 7.0 Beta 45/46/47 Speed Issue

The speed on the latest releases of GarageSale have degraded noticeably when performing almost any activity within GarageSale. Previous 7.0 Beta releases were a marked improvement in speed over GS6. Now, it is difficult to accomplish a task without a spinning wheel and many times have to force quit as the program freezes. Would like to be specific but the issue is throughout the software. Something as simple as clicking on a category to show its sub-categories pauses. Something has changed in this latest release that is causing significant degradation. I have many events enabled within the scheduler (8 totaling 2,000 items). My suspension is that the schedule in the background is continually verifying these listing causing GS to degrade to the point of being unusable.
Running GS 7.0 Beta 46 (766); El Capitan 10.11.5 on iMac. Large GS database (15,000+ items). Re-booted and only running GS application.

Just deleted all my events in the scheduler and moved them all to trash. It is completely blank. When exiting GS, still says “Scheduled Auctions” - You have auctions scheduled to be started. Are you sure you want to quit?". Quit and re-started GS, then selected Show Scheduler and it says, “Next Launch in 09:20 Hours”. GS is still extremely slow. I believe it is possible GS is continually checking the Scheduler causing it to degrade to the point of being unusable.

It would be interesting to see where GarageSale spends it time. Here are instructions on how to gather diagnostic data that could help us:

Therefore it would be interesting to know why you experiencing those hangs or freezes. Here is how you can help us find out:

1. Launch GarageSale if you don’t have it already running

2. Open the Terminal utiliy (under /Application/Utilities)

3. paste the following line into the Terminal window and press return:

sudo spindump GarageSale 120 -file ~/GarageSale-spindump.txt

4. Enter your account’s password so spin dump can connect to the GarageSale process

5. You now have 2 minutes to work with GarageSale and trigger a beach ball

6. After this period, you should see something like this in the Terminal:

Sampling completed, processing symbols...
    Spindump analysis written to file /Users/<your username>/GarageSale-spindump.txt

Please send us the file GarageSale-spindump.txt from your account’s home directory

First spindump example sent 06 July 2016. Second example sent 07 July 2016. No response as of yet.

Had multiple entries in Scheduler for groups of listings to be launched over a period of one week. When overall GS slowdown was detected, My suspicion was that it had something to do with entries in the scheduler. I selected all entries in the group and deleted them at once. Scheduler now shows empty screen BUT entries were the scheduled listings were retained somewhere in the system and are being listed daily as originally scheduled with no way to view or maintain the entires! My opinion is that the degredation issue in the more recent GS beta releases has to with GS constantly checking the scheduler to see if entries are ready for processing -or- continually and unnecessarily running the verify process in the background for the thousands of entries are scheduled for listing.

Can you please resend the spin dump file? For some reason (virus or malware scanners?) it didn’t make it trough.

Thanks. I got your spindump file. I optimized the database query that consumed the most computing power, based on what I see in your spin dump file.

Here is a version containing the change:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2016-07-11_1.zip

Please give it a try and let me know if the speed is acceptable now. If not, please take record another spindump file.

The speed is much improved after the change you supplied. Is the change you made contained in the future Beta releases (i.e. Release 49)? Thanks.

Yes, that Change is included in new beta releases.