GarageSale 7 Beta 12 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 12 of GarageSale 7 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b12.zip

We’d appreciate your early feedback, so if you have a few minutes to spare, please give GarageSale 7 a try. Your GarageSale 6 installation will not be altered by trying out GarageSale 7.

What’s new since the last Beta release

• users can control-click overview tables to customize visible columns
  • when importing your GarageSale 6 library, auctions are now put into a separate group in the hierarchy instead next to the listing they were started from (see below for instructions on how to re-import your library)
  • fixed several bugs in the GarageSale 6 importer, that caused listing statuses, and thus smart group contents, to differ in GarageSale 7 (see below for instructions on how to re-import your library)
  • resolved an performance issue when selecting groups or smart groups with a lot of items (as an unfortunate side effect, the image overview mode is only available on OS X 10.11 or later - see this post for a detailed explanation)
  • new listings can be imported from XML files (format stays the same as in GarageSale 6)
  • new inventory items can be imported from CSV files (format stays the same as in GarageSale 6 - except for an added ‘barcode’ column)
  • no longer scrolls to the Trash when deleting an item via keyboard shortcut
  • added SKU column to listing overview table
  • fixed tooltips for the listing mode switch in the main window’s toolbar
  • fixed several UI glitches in the attributes panel

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new formt. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale (make sure you using beta 8)
  5. Import any listings you imported in step #1

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

I dont see the inventory import option in the menu bar. Am I missing something :smile:

It’s in the toolbar:

Here’s a new one… when I try to change the line height it either changes once or doesn’t do anything at all. It’s the same on imported and new templates.

Also, if you try to choose a new line height without having any text selected, GS crashes.

It’s not a bug, but an improvement.
I have many listing with the same title, it just changes the code at the end of the title.
The problem is that when I use the “verify listings” I can not read the whole title, I can not see the code at the end of my title and then do not know what I have to go and change.
And the window can be changed only vertically, horizontally, if you could change would be better.

is it possible now to set item quantity to zero (when out of stock) ? in garagesale 6 it is impossible to do.

Thanks for reporting. We’ll look into this.

1 Like

Did you just set to quantity to zero as a reminder, or were you able to push the zero quantity changed to eBay through the Revise command?

I’m not sure how complicated it is to make the Launch Control window horizontally resizable, but would it work for you if the tooltip for the listing name label would show the full listing name? This change would only take a few clicks to implement.

I attach a screenshot, I do not see the end of the title.
And you can not resize the window horizontally.
If there are problems of one of the two I can not figure out what.

Sounds good.

Paid for my GS 7 upgrade last night. Being able to see the eBay errors in the app was clutch!

i need this to push zero quantity to ebay when waiting for supplier. i did not try this in GS7. is it working?

i’m searching for desktop ebay app to switch from online services. tried GS6 demo last year - too many problems. may be GS will be better…

Have you considered the idea of ​​including a way for creating invoices directly from GS? Thank you.

yeah! +1 for invoices AND custom printing forms. not all GS users live in USA where USPS labels in use. i had to create my own stickers in excel for local standards. and international CN22, CN23, CP71 forms.

Another bug, if go to relist something and find it using a search, when you go to start and it offers to duplicate and start, it duplicates the listing, but then does not start it, nor does it switch to it or show it, as the search is still up with the previous results only.

Yes, invoices are on the wish list. But they won’t make it into the 7.0 release, but rather some 7.x release depending on the feedback we get.

Not yet, but it’s on the list for one of the next betas. Are you aware that this feature (called out-of-stock control by eBay) only works for Good Til Canceled listings? Also, you need to tick a preference setting on the eBay website to activate it.

Thanks for reporting. We’ll look into this.

Where might one find that?