GarageSale 7 Beta 12 Released

Thanks for reporting. We’ll look into this.

Where might one find that?

I cant seem to get past the importing of the dB, how long is that supposed to take? (subjective)

yes. i’m using this feature in all my stores.

When the import panel stalls, do you see anything logged to the Console utilities window?

Console Utilities Window? -Whats that? -Wheres that?
It seems to be hung up on the eBay Token Keychain window, after i click "Always Allow"
i get the spinning beach ball.
Then i force quit, and it generates a crash report to send to Apple.

The Console utility is under /Applications/Utilities.

SOLVED!
Here -> GarageSale 7 beta 12 stuck at import first start

Click Deny, then click Deny and let the importation begin!
Now should i be buying a license or is there some free pass code kicking around for testing?

Here’s the deal. I sent you a free license, but I’ll need you to send me the Console logs that GarageSale (possibly) creates when you click “Alway allow” on Import first. :wink:

Since you already imported your library, you’ll need to go to the directory Library/Containers in your home directory and remove the com.iwascoding.garagesale7 folder from it. Then run GarageSale 7 again.

Thanks.

Well its interesting, “Always Allow” or “Allow” produces SecurityAgent[1763]: Ignoring user action since the dialog has received events from an untrusted source.
But “Deny” results in GarageSale[1759]: passwordForAccountName:forDescription: error accessing keychain: The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct.
Clicking “Deny” twice imports the Db
2016-03-02 10:28:17.178 PM GarageSale[1759]: accountDescriptions no account descriptions from keychain
2016-03-02 10:28:17.188 PM GarageSale6Importer[1760]: updating metadata for class: GSOutlineGroup
2016-03-02 10:28:22.706 PM GarageSale6Importer[1760]: updating metadata for class: GSInventoryItem
2016-03-02 10:28:22.706 PM GarageSale6Importer[1760]: updating metadata for class: GSInventoryItem
2016-03-02 10:28:24.273 PM GarageSale6Importer[1760]: updating metadata for class: GSEbayListing
2016-03-02 10:28:24.274 PM GarageSale6Importer[1760]: updating metadata for class: GSEbayListing
2016-03-02 10:28:27.997 PM GarageSale6Importer[1760]: Did not find accountID for GS6 account 512DAA3C-14FC-47BE-8746-76E48B2AAB40
2016-03-02 10:28:34.807 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.iwascoding.GarageSale6Importer[1760]) Service did not exit 5 seconds after SIGTERM. Sending SIGKILL.

What Next?

I googled this error message and found this forum thread: security - Keychain won't let copy passwords after 10.11.1 update - Ask Different

Do you have any utility mentioned in the post installed? Or a similar utility that might trigger Apple’s paranoia?

Yes i do
Im unclear how to proceed.
Should i be adding GarageSale7 to the Privacy > Accessibility list?
Your suggestions?

I’m not sure either. Is there a way for you to disable “TypeIt4Me” (I suppose that’s what’s causing the problem) without losing your settings?

Hi,
I uninstalled TypeIt4Me by quitting the program and throwing it in the trash. Then i restarted the computer. When i went to Privacy > Accessability i noted that TypeIt4Me was no longer listed.

I opened GarageSale7 and clicked Import Db, same results as before :
Allways Allow -> SecurityAgent[452]: Ignoring user action since the dialog has received events from an untrusted source
Allow -> SecurityAgent[452]: Ignoring user action since the dialog has received events from an untrusted source
Deny -> GarageSale[445]: passwordForAccountName:forDescription: error accessing keychain: The user name or passphrase you entered is not correct.

What would you like to try next?

I’m really at loss about this, since in the “Allow” case, control seems to be never returned to Garagesale.

Do you have perhaps any other app installed to might either intercept keystrokes or generate keyboard or mouse events by itself? These are the ones that come to my mind:

*Smoothmouse
*MagicPrefs
*Alfred
*TextExpander
*Any screen sharing apps (VNC, Remote Access, TeamViewer)

This should work now with Beta 14. Please give it a try and let us know if you run into any issues.

1Password https://agilebits.com/onepassword . It generates keystrokes in a browser.

hi, just wondering what to do next?

Doesn’t the import proceed when you click the deny button? You might loose some template settings and need to re-authorize your eBay account in GarageSale 7, but this shouldn’t be a big deal.

Hi, yes the import proceeds fine when i click Deny twice.
Im moving on to Beta 14 now.