GarageSale 7 Beta 38 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 38 of GarageSale 7 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b38.zip

In case you are planning to use this GarageSale Beta release in production, please make sure you have working have a backup system (e.g. Time Machine) in place.

What’s new since the last Beta release

• added support for specifying shipping insurance cost on eBay Italy and France (sorry, these are the only sites eBay still offers shipping insurance for)
  • GarageSale would download order data even though you told it not to do so in the Preferences by setting the popup to ‘Never’. This has been corrected. (If you have a lot of running listings, and you are experiencing frequent hanging while working in GarageSale, this option might ease the situation.)
  • thumbnail overview shows price for listings not yet started. Previously no price at all was shown for these listing
  • adjusted indicator color in thumbnail overview to match colors in outline view
  • for listings that ended without a bid, thumbnail overview shows the contents of the starting bid field (Previously the thumbnail overview was showing the bid at the last auction start, which could be confusing)
  • thumbnail overview shows the price range for variation listings
  • tax settings are correctly imported from listings exported with GarageSale 6
  • the “Import Inventory Items” menu command in File menu now works as expected (previously it was interpreting the CSV file as a listing, instead of an inventory item)

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • can import listing drafts from the GarageSale Scout app on iPhone
  • a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
  • inventory items can be exported and imported
  • you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
  • when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
  • the ‘Import from My eBay’ command now downloads large images from existing eBay listings
  • can automatically generate SKU for your variations
  • added a “Reveal Original” command to the outline view context menu when a smart group item is selected. Using that command, you can easily jump to the original item of an item shown in the smart group, for instance to delete it or move it to a different folder
  • return policy, payment options, and tax settings can be specified in GarageSale’s XML import format
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license directly from iwascoding after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application. Unfortunately this free upgrade is not available for customers who bought GarageSale from the Mac App Store.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

How to import your GarageSale 6 library again

Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new format. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7 and want to keep
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale 7
  5. Import any listings you exported in step #1

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

Reports are missing 90% of transactions again

Hi,

do you remember, in which beta version the reports did work for you? Can you upload your whole library (to DropBox e.g.) and send us a link (in a private message)? You will find the data in

~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7

in your home folder. If the whole folder is too big, you can also send us the database file only. It is located in

~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7/Data/Library/Application\ Support/GarageSale

and is named

GarageSale.leveldb

Thanks,
Paul

Hi, beta 32 worked for me, Im not sure how i do the above, Can I use temaviewer with yourself ? to give you access to my mac?

Also Paul, a lot of my listings have disappeared… its saying i only have 26 active items when I have 87…

Unfortunately the auction verification functionality still seems not to be working. If I try to verify a listing without an image then the preflight report reports that an image is missing. If I then try to verify a listing with images, I get the same preflight report reporting that an image is missing. Can you replicate this behaviour? If so, it would be great if you could rectify this problem quickly. If not, how can I troubleshoot my Mac?

Thanks

Philip

Sorry, we can not replicate this behavior. It probably depends on how you change the selection and add the image.

Can you please make a small screen recording show this and post it on Dropbox or YouTube?

You can make screen recordings with the QuickTimePlayer application already installed on your Mac. Choose “New Screen Recording” from the File menu.

Ilja

I’ve just started to make a screen recording as you requested. Before doing so I restarted my Mac and all is well. So I’m feeling a bit embarrassed. Sorry for taking your time and thanks for your patience. All seems to be well again. Have a great weekend and best wishes

Philip

Many things work better now in beta 38, thanks.
But I tried to leave feedback for a bunch of auctions today, total of 22 at once, some of them were multiple sales to one customer. Feedback was left successfully, but while doing that, GS showed the following message about five times (derman here on my system : "Es können nicht mehrere Aktionen gleichzeitig für Artikel {orderId,203664622012} ausgeführt werden. "

Addition: Now after successfully leaving feedback (with the message i stated), GS shows the spinning beachball… I will mail the spindump.

I have tried the latest beta version but it will not download any of my profiles for returns, payments etc and insists on copying the listing before I can launch as it says the selected listing has already been started (the listings auction is finished)

Any help?

Have your eBay accounts been correctly imported from GarageSale 6? Do they show under Preferences > Accounts?

That’s one of the big changes in GarageSale 7. A listing can only be started once. If you want to restart it, you need to duplicate it first.

Hi Thanks for replying.

Yes they show under preferences.

Any reason that you have to duplicate? can’t see how this will speed up workflow especially if you have several hundred listing like me! maybe I am missing something??

GarageSale 7 doesn’t have a separate “auction” object to record itemID, fees, URL of a started listing. If we were to allow starting listings from the same listings object more than once, all this information would be overwritten and reports would be off.

There are many reason for removing separate auction items, here are some them:

• it’s no longer possible to start several identical listings because of eBay’s duplicate listings policy. One would need to create separate, differing listings anyway to work around it.
  • we want to expand GarageSale to other market places, were listings stay online forever, or can be paused
  • some users were confused why they had to deal with two types of records when they only wanted to list a single item

We understand that some users re-start their listings when they have ended until they sell. For these use cases we are adding an option “move original to trash” option in all relevant places.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I think that makes sense now! Can I get a paid upgrade to 7 now??

update have paid for upgrade from within garage sale - thanks