Dear GarageSale Users,
Beta 39 of GarageSale 7 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):
In case you are planning to use this GarageSale Beta release in production, please make sure you have working have a backup system (e.g. Time Machine) in place.
What’s new since the last Beta release
- the ‘Verify Listings’ command in the Listing’s section toolbar now shows a Preflight window, that stays connected to your current selection. For a Preflight window that follows your currently selected items, invoke the ‘Show Preflight Window’ command from the ‘Window’ menu
- when you import existing listings with ‘Import from My eBay’ command, these listings will get selected in the outline view when importing is done
- the list of eBay messages in the ‘Accounts’ window now automatically updates when new messages arrive. Previously you had to change the selected account to get an up-to-date list of messages.
- when you closed certain popover windows (e.g. ‘Shipping’, ‘Category’, ‘Product’ or ‘Attributes’ settings) by clicking outside the popover in a way that changed the selected listings, the settings you changed in the popover could have been changed in the newly selected listings, instead of the ones that were selected when opening the popover. This has been corrected.
- the search field now correctly handles diacritic characters frequently used in some languages (é, ø, ü). However, this change is only effective for fields that have been modified in Beta 39 or later. If you upgraded from GarageSale 6, re-importing your library will apply this change to your complete library.
What’s new in GarageSale 7
- completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
- can import listing drafts from the GarageSale Scout app on iPhone
- a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
- GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
- a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
- Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
- automatic update of eBay category information as needed
- listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
- local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
- listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
- listing images can be copied and pasted between images
- support for barcodes on the variation level
- you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
- added a preference setting ‘Load Flash’ to prevent Flash plugin crashes
- inventory items can be exported and imported
- you can now set the quantity of 'Good ‘til cancelled’ listings to zero to mark the item “out of stock” (you need to enable the ‘Out of Stock’ feature in your selling preferences on eBay’s website)
- when selling cars on eBay Motors or eBay UK, there is no a dedicated field for the vehicle ID (VIM or VRM)
- the ‘Import from My eBay’ command now downloads large images from existing eBay listings
- can automatically generate SKU for your variations
- added a “Reveal Original” command to the outline view context menu when a smart group item is selected. Using that command, you can easily jump to the original item of an item shown in the smart group, for instance to delete it or move it to a different folder
- return policy, payment options, and tax settings can be specified in GarageSale’s XML import format
- added support for specifying shipping insurance cost on eBay Italy and France
- much more
- GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later
Upgrades and Pricing
GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.
If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license directly from iwascoding after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application. Unfortunately this free upgrade is not available for customers who bought GarageSale from the Mac App Store.
The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.
Migrating from GarageSale 6
- GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
- it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)
How to import your GarageSale 6 library again
Sometimes there a bugs discovered and fixed in the component that migrates your GarageSale 6 library to GarageSale 7’s new format. If the bug effects you, here is how to run to import process again:
- Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7 and want to keep
- Quit GarageSale 7
- Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
- Restart GarageSale 7
- Import any listings you exported in step #1
What’s still missing
- localized user interface for languages other than English
- a user manual
- fixes for yet undiscovered bugs
Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team