GarageSale 7 Beta 8 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 7 of GarageSale 8 is available for you to download from this URL (or by using the built-in updater if you are already running an earlier beta version GS 7):

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0b8.zip

We’d appreciate your early feedback, so if you have a few minutes to spare, please give GarageSale 7 a try. Your GarageSale 6 installation will not be altered by trying out GarageSale 7.

What’s new since the last Beta release

This release fixes issues in the component that handles converting your GarageSale 6 library into the new library format used by GarageSale 7. This is what we fixed:

• description of inventory items is correctly imported (thanks @Matthew_Olson)
  • smart groups are no longer imported into the listing section, when their rules can no longer be evaluated in GarageSale 7 (this is because the order tracking functionality has moved to Orders section in GS 7)

If you need to re-run the initial import phase, because you need your inventory item description, or you don’t want to delete the non-functional smart groups manually, this is how to do it:

1. Export any listing you created in GarageSale 7
  2. Quit GarageSale 7
  3. Rename the folder at ‘Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7’ in your home directory to something like ‘com.iwascoding.garagesale7-old’
  4. Restart GarageSale (make sure you using beta 8)
  5. Import any listings you imported in step #1

What’s new in GarageSale 7

• completely modernized interface with instant error reporting
  • a new custom database engine, which hopefully deals better with large amounts of data and allows us to adapt to eBay changes more quickly
  • GarageSale 7 does away with the template/auction differentiation - it only offers listings, which can either be running or not
  • a new Orders sections which shows information about purchased items and buyers
  • Reports can generate diagrams in addition to text tables
  • automatic update of eBay category information as needed
  • listing design are now optimized for mobile devices
  • local live validation of most eBay errors in new “Preflight” panel
  • listing images can be edit using image editing apps installed on your Mac and with image editing extensions
  • listing images can be copied and pasted between images
  • support for barcodes on the variation level
  • you can copy specific settings from one listing and paste them into other listings
  • much more

System Requirements

• GarageSale 7 requires OS X 10.10 or later

Upgrades and Pricing

GarageSale 7 is a paid upgrade from any previous version of GarageSale. The upgrade costs €/$ 19.99. During the public beta phase the GarageSale 7 upgrade is available for €/$ 16.99. Upgrade licenses are only available from within GarageSale 7.

If you purchased your GarageSale 6 license after August 1st 2015, you are eligible for a free upgrade to GarageSale 7. GarageSale 7 will offer you a free license once you start the purchase flow within the application.

The full price for GarageSale 7 will be €/$ 39.99.

Migrating from GarageSale 6

• GarageSale 7 has a new application identifier and uses its on database and 'Application Support folders, so you can run it along side GS 6 without side-effects
  • it should import your GS 6 library and your accounts (this process may take a while upon first launch)

Where does GarageSale 7 store it’s data

~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale

You can go to this folder by choosing “Show Library Folder” from the “Help” menu.

What’s still missing

• localized user interface for languages other than English
  • a user manual
  • fixes for yet undiscovered bugs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Ilja on behalf of the iwascoding team

When I delete a template it still opens the trash folder and scrolls to the bottom :frowning:

Oh yes, I notice this.

A fix for this one would save soooo much time.

I have this issue, too.
I started saving things to a folder within reach before moving them to deleted to bypass this issue.

Thanks for the hint. Can you please let me know how you delete your listing? There are several routes (menu command, keyboard short cut, context menu on different targets) and I couldn’t get the effect your are describing in a quick test.

You can not set attributes for multiple items.
If I select two or more items does not save me the attributes that I post.

Sorry, it seems setting specifics for multiple listings at once only works if each of the selected listings already had specifics.

Let me know how urgent you need the fix, otherwise it will be in the beta version due Monday.

At the time I solved the eBay site.
But it will need to update the upcoming auctions (over 3000) that’s why I’d need multiple selection :slight_smile:

It’s happening with all options “menu command”, “popup menu”. I never use the keyboard shortcuts.

Thank you.

Sorry, no matter which way I try I cannot reproduce the issue. Can you make a short video (QuickTime Player > New Screen Recording) showing what needs to be done to trigger the bug?

Just noticed a new bug, when importing listings, they don’t seem to appear in search till you’ve edited something in them.

Thanks for the report. We’ll look into this.

This bug has been fixed since Beta 10, it just didn’t make it into the release notes.

Hey Ilja. Sorry for the late reply… for some weird reason I’ve been unable to access the forum on my computer for the past week.

Anyway, as of beta 10 this is still happening. I typically delete my templates via keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks for the hint. A fix should be out soon.

It works now, thanks!