GarageSale 8.1 Beta 13 Released

How does it work with auto-cancellation? When an item is automatically closed, does it update quantity? I am use to start a new copy of each listing, I need to remember the workaround, but this is not practice if, like this month, I want to close 12.000 listings and restart them. Revising would require a lot of time…

Counter question: Why don’t you just use the Relist command with the new option instead of using the “Start” command?

Thanks for pointing this out. I can reproduce it on my machine, but still unclear what’s causing it. Will do some digging this afternoon.

I guess this is because the auction will get a new number and be seen as “new” by the algorithm.
Instead of a reminder that an auction was relisted the newly listed item will be communicated differently. If a buyer observed a listing for a longer time he might have forgotten it and the chances are higher an item sells.
My 5 cents, but with new starts the sales are higher than with relistings - that’s what I am observing.

Relist gets a new ebay number different from the original number. I have started using relist because of the feature in GS that is updating quantity. SUPER GREAT FEATURE! It is also 2-3 seconds faster because it allows me to instantly hit the “relist listings” button without the pause of 2-3 seconds that the start button hesitates until the button turns blue.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try

@fedege96 I wait 2 or 3 months to end and relist so the auto-cancellation feature set up for every 30 days as currently configured won’t work for me. Could a smart group be made to include those with a sale, revise them in bulk just prior to auto-cancellation, and then set the auto cancellation feature to do its work?

@cardhopper The relist get the new listing flag on ebay the same as a start does.Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.37.38 AM . A relist is also rumored to bring the “history” of the old into the new listing which might be what affects to difference in sales you observe. That history might be what the algorithm is seeing and not allowing the search views that a new vs relist gets.

@ilja This is an excellent upgrade! I now can create a smart group using my parameters to end listings and relist them with the proper quantity showing the stock I have left. I save 95% of my relisting time since I can automatically use the program features without having to recheck the quantity because the program is doing it for me. 1,000% better for me! THANKS MUCH!

1 Like

Uhm let’s say another one: why not leaving available ONLY relist command if a listing is expired (greyed icon) and leave start only when the listing is new (empty icon)?

Anyway this is a great effort, it will surely be a great hit for GS!

1 Like

This is a good idea. I too often accidentally click start and then have to go pull a running listing back out of the trash.

Let’s see what @ilja thinks about this. What worries me is that next time I have to restart a large number of listings, I erroneously click on start and then I am no longer able to match expired listings with quantities sold with new ones in order to update left quantity. This would be a problem. I think that the final solution would be preventing users from “starting” expired listings and only leave relist. “Start” is for new ones…

The issue with the attribute panel should be fixed in Beta 14:

Wouldn’t you see this warning panel when trying to start a listing for the second time:

Also, this might be a good place to put a “Use Remaining Quantity as new quantity” checkbox for people who prefer to use “Start” instead of “Relist”.

Makes little sense in english. Can you explain different?

Oops, missed a word.

Hi Ilja,
I don’t see that warning, I assume I chose “Don’t ask me again” in past, so I don’t think it would be a right place for this

Users might not see it because they disabled it. I think that disabling “start” feature for expired listings might be the fastest way…

You can bring it back by clicking on “Show all warnings” in the GarageSale preferences > General.

Regards, Kristian

1 Like

Thanks Kristian. Honestly, since this is a command I use very often, I prefer to keep it disabled since I do not need a warning about that. This is why I think that’s not the right place for this new feature.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.