GarageSale 8.3.6 Beta 8 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 8 version of GarageSale 8.3.6 is available for you to download from this link:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.3.6b8.dmg

What’s new in Beta 8

• Category panel: search term is shown in bold letters in search results
  • fixed ‘Dark Mode’ issues in several popovers

What’s new in GarageSale 8.3.6

• added CSV export for listings
  • preview shows package info when a shipping profile is selected
  • fixed toolbar in Reports section
  • improved responsiveness when selecting listings that share an SKU with a large number of other listings
  • worked around a performance issue on macOS Big Sur, where the attributes panel took a long time to show up or update when a large number of attributes were displayed
  • fixed an issue to prevent the “Paid” flag being uploaded to eBay
  • no longer checks for correct version attribute in the file metadata of GarageSale’s database file, as the attribute was often lost when copying this file between Macs

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

From b7 to b8 the Category popup window has lost the “dividers” between the panes. Although, it has gained darker background shading along the top of the window…

Neal

b7:

b8:

That’s strange. I still have narrow dividing bars on macOS 10.15. :thinking:

I’m using macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (20D91)…

This changed between GarageSale 8.3.6b7 and b8.

Neal

The grey title is a side-effect of the Category Panel now signing up for Appearance mode changes (Dark/Bright).

Not sure where the the different dividers in the browser view are coming from. Are you perhaps using a scroll-wheel mouse?

Well… Yes, I am using a Logitech Scroll-wheel mouse.

Scrollbars are showing up, but not dividers…

Neal

For me, when testing on Big Sur, there were invisible “handles” at the bottom of the scroll bar columns. You only see them when you move your cursor to their exact position. Not sure what Apple’s designer were drinking when coming up with this one.

Yes, that is what happens for me now with b8. b7 showed the “handles”…

I guess it is part of the “new and improved” macOS “hide and seek” interface!! ICK!!!

Neal

Crash Relisting items…

Neal

Crash Relisting items.txt.zip (34.3 KB)

The crash also created a “ghost” listing that showed up in Smart Group. But… I can not Reveal Original or find it…

Neal

Maybe refreshing the smart group index already fixes that issue.
If you open the smart group settings and then just hit the OK button does that ghost listing disappear?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Tried that. I have not had the “ghost” listings before…

The “ghost” listing was created during/by the crash.

It created the “base” listing record only, without all the other records for all the listing “details/options”. All fields were “blank/empty”.

Once I went thru and “edited” all fields to “create” the additional records, it disappeared from the Smart Group (shown below). (Yes, I should have take a screen shot when it was first created…)

I THINK it was the Payments, and Shipping, but PROBABLY the Returns record that was missing.

Although I still can not locate the Listing. I can Search for it and find it, but closing the Search field does not show/locate it. And I can not see it anywhere in the left-hand listing column…

It does not appear to causing any “problems”…

Neal

Here is an idea…

The “ghost” listing that was produced with the crash, only showed up in a Smart Group. It still does not show up in the listing pane. Although, I CAN search for it and find it, but closing the search does not locate the ghost listing in the listing pane.

I think the ghost listing is created when the “main” listing record is created but the associated records are not yet created.

Creating the main record and creating all associated records and inserting into the user interface list should all be one autonomous operation.

Just my thoughts… :slight_smile:

Neal

I just upgraded to macOS 11.3 (20E232)

The splitter divider bars are still not showing up in the category popup window…

But… If I tear-off the popup and make it a floating window, then the splitter divider bars DO show up!

:thinking: :man_shrugging:

Neal

As far as I know, we are using a standard NSBrowser component without any customization. Not sure if its possible for us to the divers back, but I’ll do some research.

I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody at Apple checked/cared if the scrollbar/divider situation for NSBrowser components is fully working when displayed within a popup.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.