GarageSale 8.4.1 Beta 6 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

a new beta version of the upcoming GarageSale 8.4.1 is available for you to download and evaluate from this address

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_8.4.1b6.dmg

What’s new in this beta version

• fixed another bug that caused GarageSale to require a payment method, even though your eBay account was already on managed payments

What’s new in this GarageSale 8.4.1

• GarageSale no longer requires you to select payment options, if your account is rolled into managed payments
  • various crash fixes

We had this change already implemented for the initial GarageSale 8.4 release, but had to remove it from the release, because eBay’s API still had issues with managed payments accounts. Looks like some these issues are now resolved. Unfortunately eBay still requires payment profiles if you are using return or shipping profiles. :frowning:

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

This fixes the problem with payments! And the tear off feature now works

UMMMM, Clicking on item specifics causes instant shutdown. version 8.4.1b6

Ilja
I was wondering if the “payment, shipping and returns” shouldn’t be added as a GS preference since once you are signed up for “business practices” every listing requires it. I generally always duplicate a previous listing and if it was before business practices were implemented every listing I do I have to choose “payment” from the drop down menu, “shipping” from the drop down menu and “returns” from the drop down menu. It would eliminate considerable time from the listing process

Thanks for reporting. Just fixed that crash, which seems to be specific to open the item specifics panel from the preview with beta 7.

If you go to the Preferences > eBay > New Listings, you can open up panels for pre-selecting payment, shipping, and return information for new listing. In each of those panels, you can select you preferred policy, which should then be applied each time you create a new listing.

I tried “If you go to the Preferences > eBay > New Listings, you can open up panels for pre-selecting payment, shipping, and return information for new listing. In each of those panels, you can select you preferred policy, which should then be applied each time you create a new listing.”

I used an old listing and duplicated it with the new “shipping, return and payment” chosen with no change. I tried with and without the master listing box checked with no changes to the duplicated listing.

The settings are only applied if you use the “New Listing” command, not if you are duplicating an existent listing.

Ok, I did know that but I guess I am asking for the settings to work with a duplicating situation as well. It works perfectly as a new listing but 100% of the time I am duplicating a sold listing and I am putting up a new listing and only changing pictures and a few details

That way title, categories, price, and other major details are duplicated

I figured a work around. As long as none of the listings have any profiles chosen I can do a bulk edit and chose all the new profiles and add them to old sold listings before duplicating. This fixes my “ask” I made above to duplicating.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.