Dear GarageSale Users,
a new alpha release (a very early development release for preview) of the the upcoming GarageSale 8.4 is available for you from this address:
What’s new in this pre-release
- brings back control over Payment profiles when your eBay account is on Managed Payments. Turns out you still need to provider payment profiles, even with managed payments.
- Condition description can be removed from a listing with the Revise command
General Notes about GarageSale 8.4
GarageSale 8.4 will be the first GarageSale version that support eBay’s new authorization method (OAuth), which is required to access any of the new APIs that eBay recently released (e.g. getting managed payment status, sending offers to watchers, attaching videos to listings).
Once you refreshed your eBay access token in GarageSale 8.4 from the Accounts section of the Preferences window, GarageSale will be able to ask eBay, if your account has managed payments enabled. If so, it won’t nag you to select a payment method or payment profile anymore.
If you are switching back to GarageSale 8.3.6, after having refreshed your token in GarageSale 8.4, you’ll will need to refresh your token in GS 8.3 once again.
What’s new in GarageSale 8.4
- GarageSale no longer prompts for choosing a payment method if “Managed Payments” is activated for your eBay account (requires OAuth token, see above)
- If you are using profiles for shipping or returns, GarageSale will no longer prompt you to select a Payment profile (requires OAuth token, see above)
- Order section: New context menu entries in the order outline view to change order state (e.g. “shipped”) for selected orders
- GarageSale will prevent you from starting auction-style listings, when the auto-cancel feature is enabled
- Attributes window: enabled ‘autocompletes’ option for certain attributes (e.g. ‘Artist’ attribute in LP/Records section)
- Synching: re-worked conflict algorithm to reduce the number of times the Conflict window appears
- added AppleScript command to manipulate shipping weights
- various crash fixes
- text entered in the “user properties” area of the inspector is now searchable
- new smart group rule for searching “user properties” content
- GarageSale generates a ‘mobile summary’ from the first 800 characters of your listing description when uploading listings, which does not include GarageSale’s version identifier string
- the ‘Reveal Original’ command is available from the overview context menu (middle area) in the listing section
- the number of images used in a listing is shown in Editor mode
- added new Preferences settings (under eBay > Advanced) that prevents automatic switching to ‘Live’ view when listings are started
This changes allow users to group similar listings using the same user property entry, and use smart groups to keep track of such item groups.
Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team