Dear GarageSale Users,
the fifth beta release (a feature complete version for preview and testing) of the upcoming GarageSale 8.4 is available for you from this address:
We initially had more features planned for the 8.4 version, but eBay is now requiring a different kind of access token (OAuth, which is only supported in GarageSale 8.4) for the product search API.
This is forcing us to release a fixed version quickly to all users. Otherwise our users would remain stuck with a broken feature, something we’d like to avoid.
- the Listing CSV Import panel remembers what separator character (coma, semicolon) was last used
- the ‘Copy Listing Link’ in the outline view command works with multiple listings selected
GarageSale 8.4 will be the first GarageSale version that support eBay’s new authorization method (OAuth), which is required to access any of the new APIs that eBay recently released (e.g. getting managed payment status, sending offers to watchers, attaching videos to listings).
Once you refreshed your eBay access token in GarageSale 8.4 from the Accounts section of the Preferences window, GarageSale will be able to ask eBay, if your account has managed payments enabled. If so, it won’t nag you to select a payment method or payment profile anymore.
If you are switching back to GarageSale 8.3.6, after having refreshed your token in GarageSale 8.4, you’ll will need to refresh your token in GS 8.3 once again.
- fixes “Product Search” feature, which broke through an eBay API change
- Order section: New context menu entries in the order outline view to change order state (e.g. “shipped”) for selected orders
- GarageSale will prevent you from starting auction-style listings, when the auto-cancel feature is enabled for such a listing
- Attributes window: enabled ‘autocompletes’ option for certain attributes (e.g. ‘Artist’ attribute in LP/Records section)
- Synching: re-worked conflict algorithm to reduce the number of times the Conflict window appears
- added AppleScript command to manipulate shipping weights
- various crash fixes
- text entered in the “user properties” area of the inspector is now searchable
- new smart group rule for searching “user properties” content
- GarageSale generates a ‘mobile summary’ from the first 800 characters of your listing description when uploading listings, which does not include GarageSale’s version identifier string
- the ‘Reveal Original’ command is available from the overview context menu (middle area) in the listing section
- the number of images used in a listing is shown in Editor mode
- added new Preferences settings (under eBay > Advanced) that prevents automatic switching to ‘Live’ view when listings are started
- ‘Condition description’ attribute can be removed from a listing with the Revise command
- fixed font size issues in Shipping options panel
- fixed problems with importing specifics from XML files
- when GarageSale is already running, images dragged onto its Dock icon will get added to active listing
- fixed a crash when category search returned a single result (e.g when searching for a category id)
- category panel now displays category id when the category was deleted by eBay
- category id for deleted categories is shown in Inspector
- fixed an issue where a click on the “shipped” checkbox in the orders section was not reflected on eBay
- fixed possible crash when Attributes panel was open when GarageSale was about to quit
This changes allow users to group similar listings using the same user property entry, and use smart groups to keep track of such item groups.
Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team