GarageSale 8 Crashing every few minutes

GarageSale 8 crashes every few minutes, regardless of what I am doing. It seems to keep trying to access my keychain and I have allowed that forever. Why is it crashing so much?

Maybe it’s an issue with your eBay access token saved in the Keychain. Can you give this a try?:

• Quit GarageSale if running.
• Open the macOS “Keychain Access” application and enter “GarageSale eBay Account” in the search field. (If you don’t find anything try it with “ebay token”.)
• Right-click on the eBay account token in the Keychain and select “Delete”.
• If done, restart your Mac, start GarageSale and add/refresh your eBay access tokens in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

Regards, Kristian

Nope. Doesn’t fix the problem. I followed your steps and refreshed the eBay access token successfully. The application quits on its own every 3 minutes or so without any error message, warning, or other explanation.

I have made sure I have completely updated my OS, and have rebooted the machine several times. I’ve tested this without any other applications running.

I had to get an item listed on eBay, so I have just done it manually. Until this software runs properly, I will continue to list auctions manually. Can you please issue a refund for this software? Thank You.

If you could send us the crash report and crash ID as described in my support mail we can maybe find out what is causing the crashes.

Is there anything non-standard about way you access the internet? Do you use tools that could block the network, e.g. “Little Snitch”?

Regards, Kristian

I’ve set LittleSnitch to allow all connections for GarageSale. I’ve glanced at the error report, etc., however, I am not an employee of iwascoding.com, and cannot afford the time it will take to do the developers’ jobs. The GarageSale application clearly lacks proper error handling since it crashes without any sort of message. I’ve had problems with past versions of this app, but continued to give it a chance and give you guys my cash. I’ve already devoted too much time and money and have already had to list eBay items manually. So please process an immediate refund for the purchase I just made yesterday. Sorry, but I do not want to participate in an unpaid bug hunt at this time.

Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our produce. Of course will refund your money.

One small request though: Could you send us your “Crash ID” from GarageSale’s about panel, so we can lookup the problem in our crash database and fix the problem for other users. Thanks.

fbf5faa1e14a0a21bacff9edc34d34a0

Thanks for the Crash ID.

Your crash happens deep in the third-party library GarageSale is using for connecting to your FTP server. We are licensing from some other company, and we don’t have to source code for it to fix the crash ourselves. We’ll contact the library vendor and see if there’s a fix available.

PS. We refunded your recent GS8 purchase.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.