GarageSale 9.1 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 9.1 now is available for you from the built-in update or from this URL:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_9.1.dmg

What’s new in GarageSale 9.1

• user properties are available for inventory items
  • inventory items are accessible from JavaScript
  • the ‘Reveal Original’ context menu command works from search results
  • added a ‘Show In Hierarchy’ context menu command for listings in search results
  • the ‘Restrict Results To …’ command in search field popup now works for Smart Groups
  • added “Show In Finder” command to image context menu in Editor mode
  • added an ‘Apply Remaining Quantities’ button to the Variations panel
  • added ‘Seller Account ID’ smart group property in Orders section
  • added ‘SKU’ smart group property in Orders section
  • fixed an issue on certain Macs, where GarageSale would stop uploading listings to eBay when the screen lock become active
  • GarageSale now prevents the insertion of duplicate keys into the user properties table
  • the ‘Condition’ popup in the inspector updates when condition is changed from within Preview area
  • added ‘currentBid’ as a JavaScript property for listings
  • the ‘Erase Deleted Items’ command preserves the current outline view selection
  • the ‘Pro’ Preferences section shows the date and time when the listing counter will be reset
  • GarageSale will no longer delete an listing’s subtitle on eBay when revising it, when the listing has not subtitle in GarageSale and the subtitle field has not been selected for revision
  • improved handling of images with unusual color spaces
  • when revising a listing’s VAT rate on eBay, without having a vat rate selected in GarageSale, the VAT rate is set to zero on eBay
  • eBay messages: GarageSale properly downloads the ‘read’ flag from eBay for already downloaded messages
  • Synching: improved reporting of oversized images when uploading to server

What’s new in GarageSale 9.1 (detailed)

User properties are available for inventory items

User properties are a way to store values associated with your listings separately from eBay’s attribute system.
You can use organize your listings by certain attributes (e.g. the rack where an item is stored in your depot) and include them in your listing’s description.

So far ‘user properties’ have been only available for listings. In GarageSale 9.1, you can enter them for your inventory items, too. When you create a new listing from an inventory item, the listing will carry over all existing user properties from the inventory item. Also, when you change a user property in an inventory item, the change is reflected in all listings linked to that inventory item through the SKU field.

Inventory items are accessible from JavaScript

GarageSale 9 added to ability to bulk edit your listings using JavaScript. GarageSale 9.1 extends its JavaScript support to inventory items.

‘Reveal Original’ context menu command works from search results

You can now right click a listing from the search result lists, and choose ‘Reveal Original’. Doing so will exit the search mode and reveal the selected listing in the regular GarageSale’s hierarchy.

Previously, the ‘Reveal Original’ command only worked on items in smart groups to select the original item for a selected smart group item

‘Show In Hierarchy’ context menu command for listings in search results

When right clicking a listing from the search result list, the new ‘Show In Hierarchy’ submenu will show all the enclosing groups for that listing. Choosing an entry from this submenu, will exit the search mode and select the corresponding group in the the left hand outline view.

the ‘Restrict Results To …’ command in search field popup now works for Smart Groups

Previously, the ‘Restrict Results To …’ command in the search filed popup only worked for regular groups. Now, you can also activate that option when your selection is in a smart group. Doing so will restrict search results to items in the selected smart group.

added “Show In Finder” command to image context menu in Editor mode

Sometimes it’s useful to get hold of the actual image file. Use this new context menu command in the Edit mode in these cases.

added an ‘Apply Remaining Quantities’ button to the Variations panel

In previous versions of GarageSale, when you wanted to update the quantity of your variations, you needed to pay attention to not re-set your variations to their original quantities.

GarageSale 9.1 adds a button to the variations panel, which updates your listing’s variations with the current quantity left on eBay. Use the button before making any changes to your variation quantities, to make sure your next ‘Revise Listing’ command produces the expected results.

Cost

If you already own a license for GarageSale 9, version 9.1 is a free update. GarageSale Pro subscribers don’t need to pay any upgrade fees

The costs for upgrading from an earlier version of GarageSale to version 9 are USD/EUR 19.99 for the single user license. If you purchased your license for GarageSale 8 after August 1st, 2021, your upgrade will be free.

System Requirements

• macOS 10.12 or later

Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team

3 Likes

Congrats!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice update!

Working very well for me!

Thanx!
Neal

@ilja the new SKU feature in Smart Folders for order sections does not work now. I set:

SKU starts with A
Payment received is NO

I expected to see orders not paid that contained items which SKUs start with letter A, but the smart folder is empty. Am I doing something wrong?
Let me know.

Thank you
Federico

Hi Federico,

you are right, I could reproduce this. Seems that the full text indexer did not update the value for SKU in orders. Here is how you can force the indexer to update:

1. Quit GarageSale
  2. Go to

~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale9/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale

in your home folder (maybe use the Terminal and open it up with the command open -a Finder ~/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale9/Data/Library/Application\ Support/GarageSale) and delete file

GarageSale-FTSIndex.leveldb

1. Start GarageSale. GarageSale should start re-indexing (with a small progress dialog).
  2. Open the Smart Group and press “OK” to update its contents.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi @paul , thank you very much for support. I need to do this only once or every time I need to update orders?

Only once. The index should be kept up to date for new/changed orders.

I did it and deleted the folder “GarageSale-FTSIndex.leveldb”, but after invoking “update orders”, the bug still happens. Nothing seems to be changed. Let me know what else I can do.

For me Paul’s instructions worked. If you just use a single rule in your smart group, e.g. “SKU starts with A”, does it work for you then?

Hi @kristian ,
I just checked again, but when I set

Payment received is YES
Shipped is NO
SKU starts with A (or B)

I have no results with A and I only have some and not all that should be displayed with B.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.