Dear GarageSale Users,
GarageSale 9.1 now is available for you from the built-in update or from this URL:
- user properties are available for inventory items
- the ‘Reveal Original’ context menu command works from search results
- added a ‘Show In Hierarchy’ context menu command for listings in search results
- the ‘Restrict Results To …’ command in search field popup now works for Smart Groups
- added “Show In Finder” command to image context menu in Editor mode
- added an ‘Apply Remaining Quantities’ button to the Variations panel
- added ‘Seller Account ID’ smart group property in Orders section
- added ‘SKU’ smart group property in Orders section
- fixed an issue on certain Macs, where GarageSale would stop uploading listings to eBay when the screen lock become active
- GarageSale now prevents the insertion of duplicate keys into the user properties table
- the ‘Condition’ popup in the inspector updates when condition is changed from within Preview area
- the ‘Erase Deleted Items’ command preserves the current outline view selection
- the ‘Pro’ Preferences section shows the date and time when the listing counter will be reset
- GarageSale will no longer delete an listing’s subtitle on eBay when revising it, when the listing has not subtitle in GarageSale and the subtitle field has not been selected for revision
- improved handling of images with unusual color spaces
- when revising a listing’s VAT rate on eBay, without having a vat rate selected in GarageSale, the VAT rate is set to zero on eBay
- eBay messages: GarageSale properly downloads the ‘read’ flag from eBay for already downloaded messages
- Synching: improved reporting of oversized images when uploading to server
User properties are a way to store values associated with your listings separately from eBay’s attribute system.
You can use organize your listings by certain attributes (e.g. the rack where an item is stored in your depot) and include them in your listing’s description.
So far ‘user properties’ have been only available for listings. In GarageSale 9.1, you can enter them for your inventory items, too. When you create a new listing from an inventory item, the listing will carry over all existing user properties from the inventory item. Also, when you change a user property in an inventory item, the change is reflected in all listings linked to that inventory item through the SKU field.
You can now right click a listing from the search result lists, and choose ‘Reveal Original’. Doing so will exit the search mode and reveal the selected listing in the regular GarageSale’s hierarchy.
Previously, the ‘Reveal Original’ command only worked on items in smart groups to select the original item for a selected smart group item
When right clicking a listing from the search result list, the new ‘Show In Hierarchy’ submenu will show all the enclosing groups for that listing. Choosing an entry from this submenu, will exit the search mode and select the corresponding group in the the left hand outline view.
Previously, the ‘Restrict Results To …’ command in the search filed popup only worked for regular groups. Now, you can also activate that option when your selection is in a smart group. Doing so will restrict search results to items in the selected smart group.
Sometimes it’s useful to get hold of the actual image file. Use this new context menu command in the Edit mode in these cases.
In previous versions of GarageSale, when you wanted to update the quantity of your variations, you needed to pay attention to not re-set your variations to their original quantities.
GarageSale 9.1 adds a button to the variations panel, which updates your listing’s variations with the current quantity left on eBay. Use the button before making any changes to your variation quantities, to make sure your next ‘Revise Listing’ command produces the expected results.
If you already own a license for GarageSale 9, version 9.1 is a free update. GarageSale Pro subscribers don’t need to pay any upgrade fees
The costs for upgrading from an earlier version of GarageSale to version 9 are USD/EUR 19.99 for the single user license. If you purchased your license for GarageSale 8 after August 1st, 2021, your upgrade will be free.
- macOS 10.12 or later
Thanks for using GarageSale,
The GarageSale team