GarageSale 9.3 Beta 2 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

Beta 2 of GarageSale 9.3 now is available from this URL:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_9.3b2.dmg

What’s new in Beta 2

• when using business profiles, the selected profile can changed from the Preview
  • fixed cosmetic issues with the new profile popups in the Listings Inspector
  • when downloading listings states from eBay fails, GarageSale will now retry more often with a longer delay between retries. This should increase the reliability of the auto-cancel and auto-restart features in case of brief internet outages

What’s new in GarageSale 9.3

• introduces a single checkbox for toggling eBay ‘Business Policies/Profiles’ in the Listing inspector, instead of having 3 separate checkboxes in the Shipping, Returns, and Payments panels

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Kristian, Paul, and Ilja

1 Like

Also new in GarageSale 9.3 is the Preview mode:
The Preview mode has been modernized and cleaned up. To make the changeover easier for you, here is an overview of the most important changes:

• Better mimics the current eBay website, giving you a better idea of what your uploaded listing will look like.

• You can now select your profiles for payment, shipping, and returns directly from within the Preview. (The new „Use Profiles“ checkbox in the Inspector has to be activated first.)
selectProfiles

• Unused options no longer clutter the view. Addable options are revealed as you move the mouse over the Preview.
hover

• Easily add or remove an option.
add-delete

• Use the new “+” menu in the top right corner to easily add a secondary category, product information, or a subtitle.
plusMenu

• Improved image gallery: Now displays up to 24 images and offers a new „Quick Zoom“ feature that lets you quickly inspect your photos.
imageGallery

• More appealing: Bigger font size and images when viewed on larger screen.
responsive

• Other useful information, such as eBay site, item location, SKU, is displayed in tags at the bottom. Hover over them to reveal more details.
info

I tested the new update and I have a problem with duplicating items

I like the updates and the larger font size in the title! Can these microscopic fonts also be made larger? At least as big as the small folder font in the side bar

You are referring to the overview mode here, right?

Unfortunately, your screenshot has very low quality.
Are you saying that in the duplicated listing there are parts missing in the Preview?
The original listing is fine though?
Could you export the original listing by using GarageSale’s Export command in the File menu, compress (zip) that exported listing and post it here or send it to the GarageSale support? This way I can try to reproduce the issue here.

Uploading: Antico Piatto decorativo vintage in ceramica da appendere a muro frutti Prugne.gslisting.zip…

done

Immagine rimossa dal mittente.

|

kristian
February 11

|

• | - |

Unfortunately, your screenshot has very low quality.
Are you saying that in the duplicated listing there are parts missing in the Preview?
The original listing is fine though?
Could you export the original listing by using GarageSale’s Export command in the File menu, compress (zip) that exported listing and post it here or send it to the GarageSale support? This way I can try to reproduce the issue here.

Antico Piatto decorativo vintage in ceramica da appendere a muro frutti Prugne.gslisting.zip (3.27 MB)

I think you call it overview mode. Here is a screen shot of the whole menu bar

I keep fonts, colors, and Media panes open all the time as I am editing. The problem is they sometimes close or move around. Adding them below the SKU blank area would be a quick 1 click place to edit as you are working. This way grabbing pictures would also be simple as they would be right there. Going up to the top to open the panes creates an extra step in the work flow.

Thank you, I imported your listing here in GarageSale 9.3b2 under macOS Ventura and also tested it under macOS Catalina.
Your listings looks super-fine to me, even the duplicated listings. Please see the attached screenshot.

Can you describe more specific what issue you have and maybe provide a better screenshot?
What version of macOS do you use?

I made a video! unfortunately I had to resize because it took up a lot of space! I hope to be useful to you

(Attachment garagesale_CbXnLGIG.mp4 is missing)

If the video is too large, feel free to send it via wetransfer.com

https://www.laprimularossa.it/images/foto/Video/garagesale1.mp4

Thank you for me making the video.

Please note that you can’t duplicate a listing from inside a smart group!

So, in some – but not all – of your listing the input fields for “Buy It Now” and “Quantity” stay blank. That’s very strange, you are right.

• What do you see if you hover over the input fields in question? Does it get highlighted and the delete button appears?

• What happens if you create a new, blank listing from scratch and then enter some values into the BuyIt Now and Quantity field in the Preview?

• Do you maybe find out what the difference is between the listing that show and the ones that don’t show blank input fields?

• Could you export another listing that is affected but this time also export the linked inventory item, if prompted during the export process?

• Please also let me know what version of Safari you have installed. Just select “About Safari” from the “Safari” menu in Safari.
For macOS Catalina the latest Safari version 15.6.1 if I am not mistaken.

Oh wait, you are using your own custom listing design (“La Primula Rossa”), right?
Most likely some code in your design breaks elements in the upper Preview area.

Can you send me the design template file, too?

yes I have a custom design LPR2020

it’s not a template problem, because the problem remains also with other templates or without

I am pretty sure it has to do with the CSS code used in these listing designs. Can you send me one of them, so I can try to figure out what’s causing the issue?