GarageSale 9.4 Beta 1 Released

Dear GarageSale Users,

The first beta version of GarageSale 9.4 is now available for download from this URL or via the built-in updater:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_9.4b1.dmg

What’s new in GarageSale 9.4

New Features

• on macOS 13, GarageSales uses the System’s new and improved media browser window, which provides quicker and more comprehensive integration with the Photos app
  • listing attributes can be edited in directly Preview mode
  • will not display listings fees in the ‘Launch Control’ window for private sellers on eBay Germany
  • shipping services can be accessed through JavaScript, allowing for [custom validation rules] in the ‘Launch Control’ window (Validating scripts when launching listings)

Performance Improvements

• faster smart group updates

Bug fixes

• fixed tab restoration after selection change in inspector

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Kristian, Paul, and Ilja

3 Likes

Oh YEAH! This is great! Nice work right here. Save some clicks and time.

1 Like

Excellent!! Works great!

“usesCalculatedShipping” property field documentation is MISSING from Shipping Options JavaScript properties Web page: https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Custom_JavaScript_Actions-Shipping_Options_JavaScript_properties.html

Neal

1 Like

Thanks, I just updated the properties table.

GarageSale 9.4 Beta 1 is a Big Improvement!

Starting 50 listings now takes about 8 seconds for the Launch Control window to open, down from 40 seconds.

100 listings takes about 14 seconds.
222 listings takes about 27 seconds.

Although when actually starting the listings, pictures no longer seem to be uploading concurrently in parallel. Seems like the “Use multiple connections” checkbox used to upload/check 4 listings photos at the same time. Now all 4 listing photo uploads/checks are done serially, as shown in the Activity Viewer window.

Neal

A quick “copy settings” button for item specifics would make it so the pop up window doesn’t need opened to copy settings.

1 Like

And a “paste settings” button to complete the copying settings. :bulb:

Spot on, Neal.
I just tested 1150 listings at once.

CTRL-A to highlight them took 20 seconds
Launch Control took 90 seconds to open.

Unheard of! What did you do Ilja?

David

I just did a sample 1152 listings to see the numbers I get.
CTRL-A to highlight took 4.46 seconds
Launch control took 13.36 seconds to open
Verify took 1:40 (1 minute 40 seconds) to verify just 200 of them( I gave up waiting), so 1152 would take 6X as long=1200 seconds, 20 minutes.

1 Like

Looks a bit random. Oh, BTW, I had also performed a re-index in my DB a couple of days earlier as well.

Does a re-indexed help performance? Is it recommended to do or just if you are having problems. If yes, which keys pressed at startup?

It seemed to work for me. I use it sometimes when I have to force quit GS - un-relentless spinning beachball.

Make backup
Start GS then immediately press CTRL key.

David

One one more thing about re-indexing, Richard. The re-idexing progress bar seems to be stuck on about 5% for ages and ages. The temptation is to force quit because it looks like nothing is happening but walk away for 20 minutes first.

David

1 Like

Is that faster than before?

So much faster. It’s a pleasure to use again.

Regards David

| ilja
May 31 |

• | - |

davidelliott:

I just tested 1150 listings at once.

CTRL-A to highlight them took 20 seconds
Launch Control took 90 seconds to open.

Unheard of! What did you do Ilja?

Is that faster than before?

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.