Dear GarageSale Users,
Beta 12 of GarageSale 9.4 is now available for download from this URL or via the built-in updater:
What’s new in this beta
- moved to a new API for selecting eBay charities
- fixed title search for orders (requires rebuilding your index to work for existing orders)
- improved performance when search option “Hide Items in Trash” is used with a lot of items in the trash
- fixed an issue in the ‘Launch Control’ window when the “Run only local verification” settings was enabled
What’s new in GarageSale 9.4
- on macOS 13, GarageSales uses the System’s new and improved media browser window, which provides quicker and more comprehensive integration with the Photos app
- listing attributes can be edited in directly Preview mode
- will not display listings fees in the ‘Launch Control’ window for private sellers on eBay Germany
- Launch Control Window: can start listings, even if some listings received errors during verification
- Preview: attribute area visually now even more similar to eBay page
- Preview: Changes to location details are now reflected properly
- faster smart group updates
- fixed tab restoration after selection change in inspector
- SKU Generator: the ‘Start Value’ field on subsequent invocations takes ‘Step size’ into account
Thanks for using GarageSale,
Kristian, Paul, and Ilja
Will the 9.4 Final GM rebuild your index automatically when launched??
Do searches include text from listings or title only? I am getting listings in searches that absolutely DON"T have the word searched for. This is not new but an old issue
It would be 1000 times more convenient to click and change the weight below the shipping service.
Where GarageSale looks (title, description, etc…) depends what ‘search scope’ is selected in the drop down menu next to the search field
Darn, I use GS every day for 10+ years and I never saw that carrot. Nice!
OK, so I thought this was working for me in B12 but it still isn’t here is a video of trying to edit Attributes and it not saving the changes.
Maybe something specific to the category you are listing in? Changing attributes work for me
It seems to be if the attribute is empty then the added information won’t save. It seems I can modify existing attribute information and it saves OK.
A bit more info, if you delete the attribute info using the pop out editor then you will not be able to edit it with the preview editor after. Don’t delete the whole attribute, just empty the text box that holds the attribute value. I can make another video if needed.
Sorry, no luck in replicating the issue so far. Maybe we are missing something.
Can you export that listing you are seeing the issue with and send it to us? Also, what version of macOS are you running.
I am on macOS 10.14.6. The issue is not specific to any listing, it’s all of them, even a newly created listing. I created a new listing… blanked out the attribute values using the pop out editor, then was unable to add new values in the preview editor. I’ll attach the exported listing.
New Listing.gslisting.zip (3.6 KB)
Sorry, even with your exported listing, the bug is not reproducible for us.
This might be an incompatibility with macOS 10.14, which might be hard to fix.
Thanks for the effort, I’m just realizing how old macOS 10.14 really is. I guess it’s time to update my hardware. Aside from that, I’ve been able to work around this by modifying my workflow. Being able to edit in preview is really a nice update.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.