Dear GarageSale Users,
GarageSale 9.5 beta 3 is now available for download from this URL:
- fixes some UI glitches in the Editor mode’s image area on macOS 14
This beta release focuses on improving the listing process in categories that make heavy use of eBay’s product catalog, e.g. book categories. In particular, GarageSale won’t ask users to enter ‘required’ attributes, when these attributes are already part of the product catalog and would be displayed on the eBay page automatically. These changes in detail are:
- when checking the “Include additional information” box in the Product panel:
- GarageSale won’t show an error when required attributes are missing
- GarageSale won’t automatically add required attributes into new listings when your insertion preference is set to ‘insert required attributes’
- GarageSale lets you removed required attributes
- adds an ‘Assign Attributes’ checkbox to the Products panel, which imports attributes from eBay’s product catalog into your listing. Unfortunately, eBay does not provide many important attributes, such as a book titles and authors through their API.
- the search field in the Products panel now offers a ‘Recent Searches’ popup menu
- fixed a bug where the Attributes panel would insert all suggested attributes into new listing, even though the insertion preferences was set to ‘insert no attributes’
- adds support for new grading system introduced on eBay.com in certain trading cards categories
- tags are shown in overview mode for listings and orders (your might need to re-order columns to your liking)
GarageSale 9.5 changes to synching schema, so that once a copy of GarageSale 9.5 has uploaded its data to the synching server, it can only be retrieved by other instances of GarageSale 9.5.
Older versions will not be able to send or receive data from the synching server, once a copy of GarageSale 9.5 updated the synching schema for your account.
If you are selling trading cards in categories effected by eBay’s new grading system, please give this version a try and let us know how it works for you.
Thanks for using GarageSale,
Kristian, Ilja, and Paul