GarageSale 9.6 Beta 5

Dear GarageSale Users,

the fifth beta version of GarageSale 9.6 is now available for download from this URL:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_9.6b5.dmg

What’s new in Beta 5

• added a new ‘Days Since Start’ smart group rule for listings

What’s new in Beta 4

• added ‘startDate’ to listing JavaScript commands (this time for real)
  • fixed Dark Mode issues in JavaScript editor

What’s new in Beta 4

• added ‘startDate’ to listing JavaScript commands (this time for real)
  • fixed Dark Mode issues in JavaScript editor

What’s new in Beta 3

• Link Listing command: improved handling of listings with non-ascii characters in their title
  • the ‘Apply current Changes from eBay’ command can import missing images from eBay
  • added ‘startDate’ to listing JavaScript commands
  • fixed a crash when using the ‘Paste’ command in the return policy panel

What’s new in Beta 2

• added ‘watchers’ and ‘views’ to listing JavaScript commands

What’s new in GarageSale 9.6

• new ‘Insert Link To Listing…’ feature (see below)
  • displays eBay avatar images for seller accounts
  • added keyboard shortcuts for image rotation commands in Editor mode
  • improved eBay fee preview on eBay Germany
  • increased feedback comment length to 500 characters

Insert link to listings feature

GarageSale 9.6 adds a new “linkToListing” command to its macro language. If you put in {{linkToListing_Listing_Name}} into your description, GarageSale will replace this command with a link to the linked listing when uploading your listing to eBay.

There’s also a little panel that helps you select other listings and putting the command in your description.

Screen Recording (GarageSale)

You can press the control and option keys in preview to see how the link will look like when uploaded to eBay.

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Kristian, Ilja, and Paul

Perfect. Made up a new smart group and this is perfect. I was wondering if a smart group “library” could be made so if I loose a smart group ( which is easy to do by accidentally hitting “delete” to remove a listing and I loose the whole smart group) so recreating a new smart group is super fast or making a new smart group is faster when adding a new parameter to the list. I am getting quite an extensive Smart Group list and have come to daily rely on them for using GS.

2 Likes

Ooh good idea. Seconded!

Excellent!!!

:laughing: Maybe: “What’s”…

Neal

DOH!!!

(It’s fixed now).

I figured you were working on your street cred?

What about extra menu commands for exporting and importing smart groups from/to disk? You could backup your favorite smart groups and shared files with other users? :cry:

1 Like

That sounds reasonable… How about a Duplicate command? To duplicate, then change a Smart Group.

Neal

1 Like

I don’t mean to be dumb here but what are you calling extra menu commands?

I would guess probably new menu items in the menubar File menu.

Neal
Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 3.16.29 PM

OK… I reverted back to 9.6b4. Then I rebuilt all indexes, etc.

Things are working good again, now. I THINK I know what was going on…

I THINK adding the new 9.6b5 Smart Group rule “Days Since Start” (possibly “Days Since Start is 0”???) to an existing open/expanded Smart Group, or a new Smart Group that was open/expanded seemed to cause all my problems.

Ah!!! I had both of my Smart Groups containing the new “Days Since Start” rule “expanded/open”… And it seemed like some actions (Stop/Start/Relist) would change the contents of those “open” Smart Groups (adding new listings to the Smart Group during in the middle of the Stop/Start/Relist command) and the current selection would get “lost” and the action would get very confused and crash.

I had 2 expanded/open Smart Groups with the new “Days Since Start” rule that would get populated or de-populated during a Stop or Start or Relist operation which would change the listing ordinal order of the current selection.

Also see this previous topic:
https://help.iwascoding.com/t/wrong-selection-when-start-listings-that-are-contained-in-an-open-smart-group/8482?u=neal

Neal

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.