GarageSale 9.7 Alpha 5

Dear GarageSale Users,

GarageSale 9.7 Alpha 5 (an early preview release) is now available for download from this URL:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_9.7a5.dmg

What’s new in Alpha 5

• Preview Mode: Title field wraps lines when running out of space; You can now use the tab key to quickly switch between most input fields
  • Preview: Fixed an issue with the ‘condition description’ field
  • XML Import: added work around for sandbox restrictions when importing images from local disk
  • JavaScript API: added ‘useSKU’ command to listing

What’s new in GarageSale 9.7

• search results are now displayed hierarchically, showing the names of their enclosing groups
  • added a ‘filter by tile’ field at the bottom-right of the main window
  • when switching between modes (listings, orders, inventory items), the content of the search and filter fields is restored
  • fixes a Preview related crash on the upcoming macOS 14.4 (now in Beta)

Notes about the new filter field

The new filter field bypasses the search index, and performs a literal, case-insensitive string search. It will find patterns of special characters and numbers, which you might not have been able to find using the index based search function.

It can also be used to further narrow results obtained by using the regular search function.

Thanks for using GarageSale,
Kristian, Ilja, and Paul

2 Likes

Very Nice! These both look like great features.

Should be “filter by title”.

Should be “at the bottom-left”. Or… “at the bottom of the Outline view pane in the main window”

Neal

I finally found it. It has the same behavior that the search at the top does. After typing one word the search jumps to all the fields with the one word in it and doesn’t allow time to finish typing to narrow the search and starts blipping because I was forced out of the search field
Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 10.57.15 PM
Trying to search for cabinet latch. It jumps off the search field at “cabin”. I go back and get “cabinet” in and it jumps away again before I can type “latch”. I get “la” in and it jumps away again. The search field doesn’t pause enough for a medium to slow typer to get a whole word typed in.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.