GarageSale Crashes on Launch

Immediately after launching GarageSale 7.0.16 it brings up a crash window “Garagesale quit unexpectedly - click reopen blablabla”, then quits. I know it’s an old version, I don’t care, I’m old myself and know how to use this one and don’t require anything new and improved. It was working fine the last time I used it, no new software installation or uninstallations, nothing has changed whatsoever. I need to list and this delay is costing me income. Please help.

Its not the old GS software that is the problem but changes that ebay makes. You have to get the latest version so ebay will allow you to sign in. Most of the things that GS does are still the same and wont require you to learn a new program, especially if you update to an old 7.0.21 version

I updated to the 7.0.21 version and it opens and runs now but trying to list I get the following error:

“The item cannot be listed or modified. The Title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy”.

This is a listing that has run for several years of a tool I manufacture and have sold previously.

I really think you will need to take the plunge and update. As has been mentioned, V7 is old now and even if you got past this obstacle there is no guarantee it would last more than a month or - ie when EBay makes another change. I know this is not good news for you. David

I spoke with eBay, good heavens what a clusterf***, they stated that it was indeed on their end and I was finally able to upload the listing today. Thank you for the advice.

Regarding upgrading, I don’t mind paying for an upgrade every now and again but I will never go along with a subscription model of any kind, it’s just my personal choice. I will buy software (or music) all day long but I will never rent it, so it looks like I may be at the end of my GS days and I’ll really regret that.

Thanks again!

You can still use GS8 with a single yearly subscription of $US40, but you are limited to 50 items per month. Not sure how it works if you want to add more for a single month.

Regards David

| pfotes
October 17 |

• | - |

I spoke with eBay, good heavens what a clusterf***, they stated that it was indeed on their end and I was finally able to upload the listing today. Thank you for the advice.

Regarding upgrading, I don’t mind paying for an upgrade every now and again but I will never go along with a subscription model of any kind, it’s just my personal choice. I will buy software (or music) all day long but I will never rent it, so it looks like I may be at the end of my GS days and I’ll really regret that.

Thanks again!

Alright, two questions then;

What happens after the one year if I choose not to renew, does the software cease to function?

Are the 50 items for new listings, inconsiderate of the 100 I currently have listed on auto-renew?

I do not know. I subscribe monthly because I have 20,000+ items listed. I suspect the GS team will answer that.

Regards David

| pfotes
October 18 |

• | - |

Alright, two questions then;

What happens after the one year if I choose not to renew, does the software cease to function?

Are the 50 items for new listings, inconsiderate of the 100 I currently have listed on auto-renew?

With the license option you are limited to 50 listings upload per month. Re-lists count as an upload, yes.
More about license and subscription:

What might work for you is to go with the license and to subscribe to GarageSale Pro only for the months you need to start more than 50 listings. Canceling the subscription is just one button click in the GarageSale preferences > Pro:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/GarageSale_Preferences-GarageSale_Pro.html#cancel-at-any-time

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,

I have around 100 buy it now listings that auto-renew through eBay, each month I may add 5-10 more that are generated from GarageSale. Do the 100 actually count towards the 50 limit even though GarageSale never sees them, or just the 5-10 new ones?

Thanks

Only “direct” uploads (starts/relists) from within GarageSale count.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.