General information on US ebay site visibility

Hi,
since I know there are many users here who work on ebay.com website, I would like to ask them some information about listing visibility, since the ebay assistance, after months of requests, NEVER helped me (nothing new, the uselessness of ebay assistance is something worldwide known…).

Well, I would like to know why all my listings listed in ebay.it are not visibile in my ebay shop if I browse it from ebay.com. Listings are correctly showed from any other ebay site (Germany, Austria, UK, … also Australia). Only in ebay.com website it doesn’t work. If a customer visits my shop from US ebay, of around 27.000 acrive listings, he can only see some hundreds that I have directly listed in dollars in ebay.com site. All other items, published in ebay.it and ebay.de, are completely gone, nothing appears. I also published a question on US community here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Ask-a-Mentor/ebay-listings-published-in-eBay-it-shop-are-not-visible-from-my/m-p/33252219/thread-id/280163 and a user found the issue regarding default item location search on ebay.com. This issue persists from at least past years and affects almost all sellers I checked for.

Now I ask, is it possibile that none before me pointed out this terrible issue? And none fixed it?! I am afraid this is the real issue of decrease of international sales. Any suggestions from users here would be very nice to hear. I am really pissed off…

Kind regards
Federico

Welcome to ebay.com where eBay likes to bury your listings.

Hi @biggysmalls ,
there is a huge difference between burying and not showing at all. ebay in general (not only US) buries GTC listings. My problem is that ebay.com does not show at all my listings made in other ebay sites. That’s a different issue.

I turned off free returns and went from $260 a day to $70 a day in sales. They won’t show your items if you don’t play in “nice” their sandbox. The day I put free returns back on my sales went right back up to $230 a day so there is residual punishment for not doing as they want

1 Like

Just out of interest, what postage prices are you offering? Mine are wpquite low at $4.50. Just wondering if I upped the price and offered free postage if it would make any difference?

Light first class stuff I just add $4 or $5 or $6 depending on if it is 4 oz, 8 oz or 12 oz and do free shipping as well. With a Free shipping offering you should see a good bump in sales. I sometimes will take free shipping off and lower the price to see if it helps sales. I sometimes get a buyer ask if I can do free shipping and it already is so some just aren’t even looking. You should also see more traffic on free shipping items because ebay will show your stuff in searches and give them a higher priority

Thanks. all mine are listed on eBay.com.au but I was thinking of list some US themed cards on eBay.com as well.

On international shipping I don’t do free shipping. It is way too expensive and unpredictable to price so it is calculated only for me. I signed up for EIS and have done 5 since mid march.

1 Like