Generating Preview Screen is stuck

Hi. Suddenly, I can’t get beyond the ‘Generating Preview’ cogs. I can view all my listings at the folder level but when I come to view an individual listing I am stuck at the cogs again.

All other computer services, connection etc is fine.

I have refreshed my tokens and updated account details, but still no change. What do I try now?

Thanks
Nick

If you havce multiple eBay accounts, please make sure you have updated the token for your default eBay account in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

If done, select one of the listings in question and open the category browser. In that browser click on the sprocket icon to update the category data.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Hi Kristian

All tokens are up to date.

My problem is that I cannot get to the category browser. Whether I click on live, pending or sold listings (for any of my three accounts), all show the Generating Preview cogs, so I have no way of updating category data.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks
Nick

To update the eBay category data a valid eBay token is required.
Maybe there’s still an issue with your eBay token(s).

It might be required to renew the eBay token completely:
Remove your eBay account from the GarageSale preferences > Accounts, restart your Mac and then re-add your eBay account.

If this won’t help, please give this a try:
Quit GarageSale if running.
Open the macOS “Keychain Access” application and enter “GarageSale eBay Account” in the search field. (If you don’t find anything try it with “ebay token”.)
Right-click on the eBay account token in the Keychain and select “Delete”.
If done, restart your Mac, start GarageSale and add/refresh your eBay access tokens in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian

Having read your response, I have a theory…

I have yet to sign up for managed payments (I am purposely delaying). This means that my ability to amend, relist and list new items has been stopped (although existing listings remain live).

Would this therefore prevent me from using GS whilst I am not signed up? I was assuming that GS was an offline tool and that I could could create listings on my PC, without submitting to eBay. But maybe this isn’t the case…?

Rgds
Nick

| kristian
June 29 |

• | - |

To update the eBay category data a valid eBay token is required.
Maybe there’s still an issue with your eBay token(s).

It might be required to renew the eBay token completely:
Remove your eBay account from the GarageSale preferences > Accounts, restart your Mac and then re-add your eBay account.

If this won’t help, please give this a try:
Quit GarageSale if running.
Open the macOS “Keychain Access” application and enter “GarageSale eBay Account” in the search field. (If you don’t find anything try it with “ebay token”.)
Right-click on the eBay account token in the Keychain and select “Delete”.
If done, restart your Mac, start GarageSale and add/refresh your eBay access tokens in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.