Good Till Canceled not syncing on GS 9.0.5

Hello, that did not work also. I quit and restarted with the rebuild indexes and then went to listings and updated all listings and still no. I have attached screenshots of just three listings that are marked sold and still reads your item is for sale on LIVE and on eBay.

Since everything failed so far, I think we need to replicate what’s happening on your Mac at our place.

First, we would need your GarageSale database file (without images and passwords). Here is how to send it to us:

1. In GarageSale, choose “Open Library Folder” from the “Help” menu
  2. Locate the “GarageSale.leveldb” directory
  3. Quit GarageSale, so its database is closed before compressing it
  4. Choose “Compress GarageSale.leveldb” from the context menu that comes up with left-/control-clicking it
  5. Upload the resulting .zip file to our drop box using this form:

Thanks!

Hello, we have uploaded the file. Thank you

Thanks for your file. The next thing I need are logs, so I can see what eBay is sending to your Mac, and why those changes are not ending up in your database. Here is what you need to do, so you Mac sends us the data it receives from eBay:

1. Quit GarageSale
  2. Restart GarageSale while holding down the control key
  3. You should now see an window with Debug options
  4. Check the “Enable Remote Debugging” box
  5. Copy ‘ZUTwyi’ into the Logging Identifier field (without the single quotes)
  6. Choose “Update All Listings” and keep GarageSale open for a few minutes
  7. Get back to me.

Thanks.

We did the Debug option

Great. Can you give me the eBay item id and name of a listing that’s ended in GarageSale and live on eBay?

ID# 254437813455. R nineT (K23) Scrambler Protective Grill for Headlamp Genuine BMW Motorcycle. This is just one. Would like all of them?

This one just ended and it’s still on sale with GTC. 254345692049 G 310 GS Zebra Design Decal Set Genuine BMW Motorrad Motorcycle

Thanks for the data. I think I figured out what’s causing this bug:

In the your GarageSale database, there are several cases of listings using the same eBay ID, some of which aren’t visible in the normal hierarchy.

For instance, when you search for “R nineT (K23) Scrambler Protective Grill for Headlamp Genuine BMW Motorcycle” in GarageSale, you get two started listings with the same ebay id.

We are currently scratching our heads, how this could have come to be, as there are multiple checks in place to prevent such a scenario.

Right now, if eBay sends down new state information, which of the two (or more) listings with the same ebay id is updated is undefined. If it is the listings, which is not viewable form the hierarchy, you’ll never see the correct state.

We are currently brain storming how to best resolve the situation for you. Stay tuned.

We might have found a solution that should fix the problem. At least, it fixes the two duplicate items you told us, and probably others, too. Once the duplicates are gone, the status updates from eBay should be also fix.

Here is what to do:

1. In GarageSale, choose “Open Library Folder” from the “Help” menu
  2. Locate the “GarageSale.leveldb” directory
  3. Quit GarageSale, so its database is closed
  4. Duplicate the “GarageSale.leveldb” folder to have current backup if any of the subsequent steps fail
  5. Restart GarageSale while holding down the control key
  6. You should now see an window with Debug options
  7. Check “Remove orphaned child objects” box
  8. Also, please uncheck the “Enable remote debugging” box, as we don’t need any further logs at the moment
  9. Click 'Continue" and let GarageSale work for a few minutes
  10. Once done, a panel comes up telling you how many entries where removed
  11. Choose “Update All Listings”

Are there any improvements regarding listing state now?

Okay, I did that and I have attached a screenshot of the results.
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 8.20.19 AM

Could it be that you have more than a single version of GarageSale installed? And that other version was already running?

I am sorry was was out sick yesterday and I will be leaving early today. It worked after I restarted the computer that same day. Thank you so much for your help
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 10.38.10 AM

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.