GS 7 stuck on shipping options

I’m getting an alert in garage sale that says I have to select a shipping profile and return profile even though I don’t want them and I have never used them before. However I can’t post without dismissing the alert and I can’t figure out how to do it…

I get that occasionally when listing in bulk (for no valid reason though) but I have found that just selecting the item again and start a new listing works.

David

It seems you have selected a profile from your “Business Policies” (pre-defined rules for shipping, payment and returns) in the Payment options unintentionally.
Due to eBay rules you have to use your business policies for all 3 options (shipping, returns, payment) or don’t use them at all.

Check the “Profiles” menu at the bottom of the payment options and select “Don’t use” there, if you don’t want to use profiles at all.

Regards, Kristian

I never had that option selected in the first place. At any rate the problem disappeared and had been replaced by another! I got the message that my PayPal address was missing (it wasn’t) but I went to the account preferences, deleted the PayPal address, and restarted GS. Now there is no error message, but when I try to start the auction, when the start window of GS launch control opens, both buttons (cancel /start listing) are greyed out!

It might be required to renew the eBay token completely:
Remove your eBay account from the GarageSale preferences > Accounts, restart your Mac and then re-add your eBay account afterwards. (and enter your PayPal email)

If this won’t help either, it’s probably an issue with your eBay token saved in the system Keychain. Please then give this a try to fix it:

1. Quit GarageSale if running.

2. Open the macOS “Keychain Access” application and enter “GarageSale eBay Account” in the search field and press return afterwards. (If you don’t find anything try it with “ebay token”.)

3. Delete the eBay account token from the Keychain.

4. If done, restart your Mac, start GarageSale and add/refresh all your eBay access tokens in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.