GS Freezing and lagging terrible with a lot of templates

I had tried to soft restores through time machine with no fixes. I am trying a full restore of the computer back to 4pm yesterday. Typically I do not get rosponses from you guys for 5-7 hours so I figured I would try this while waiting to hear back. i will respond to this forum as soon as this completes and let you know. thank you.

Our main computer with the 10,000 templates is still restoring. Our secondary computer with 4-5000 templates just changed the shipping method on every single template. We noticed this when relisting templates. I now have to go through 5000 templates and manually change each shipping method because I cannot mass change it due to each template having different methods used. Do you know why it would do this? This happened to about 300 newer templates about a week ago on our main computer.

Hello? ā€¦

What exactly did change in the shipping settings? GarageSale does no alter your shipping services automatically. Also, updates ~5000 templates to different shipping settings would be very time consuming.

It is definitely time consuming we have been changing them all day. We had the shipping service type between mainly 3-4 options of First class mail, Priority mail, UPS Ground, and Standard shipping. It changed all the templates on the second computer to First class mail. It did this about a week ago on the main computer but it only did it to about 300 templates that had just been created that day.

I forgot to tag you in the post so I am messaging you again. I dont know if that matters.

Have you checked the default shipping settings for new templates in the Preferences panel?

I am talking about after we changed the settings. Also, The computer that they all changed on has templates that are over 2 years old. They all of a sudden changed.

I am a long-time user of GS and have 14,000+ items on an iMac. I was experiencing the same problems as you but have taken the following steps to resolve them. First, I now have about 25-30 major groupings of the items. Under each of these groupings are many sub & sub-sub groupings. Now I can scroll to the items I want very quickly by opening the group and sub-group(s) containing the subject items. This eliminates all the scrolling thru thousands of items. Furthermore, I set the 'Delete finished auctions:" to 2 weeks. Otherwise, based upon the auction types and duration, the completed auction file can grow to 50,000 to 100,000 quite quickly further slowing down GS. Also, the ā€œRefresh auction state:ā€ is set to the maximum of 2 hours since the updating tends to slightly degrade GS. When loading GS, it still takes a little extra time (1-2 minutes) and it might take a minute when selecting the first item, but after that it responds immediately. I am running GS version 6.9.6b3 (615). All in all it works a thousand times better now that I use the nested group feature extensively I rarely have a failure now where previously it locked up multiple times per day. Be sure prior to quitting GS to close all your sub groups (just click on each open main group) and only have your 25-30 top level groups showing. This way it will re-load faster. Good Luck, Warren - Atlanta, Georgia.

Deleting finished auctions only affects the auction tab not the actual template file or status of the auction correct?

Deleting finished auctions only affects the auction tab not the actual template file or status of the auction correct??

Come on guys. I am just trying to make a living with a ebay storeā€¦ I am not asking for a lot but After waiting for 13days for you to reply I have still heard nothingā€¦ I now have a new problem. The revised version of the program I received from you was still freezing constantly. I decided to revert back to the newest version. The new version now does not allow me to open garage sale at all. If I click to open the program it has the little bar that says loading data then it does not open at all. It just sits with Memory size under the activity monitor rising. This means 1/2 of my ebay store will be shut down until it is resolved. I have tried time machining back to the prior version and I have tried downloading your sent file again. neither things work.

I cannot stress how import this is for me to get this figured out. Until you get back to me I have no way to manage roughly 1 million in paid for inventory.

I need your help extremely bad.

PLEASE HELP ME. i am trying to provide for my family with this business. I feel like i deserve a response from your company sooner than 23 days apart. I am not trying to be rude I am just extremely frustrated that I put some much time and effort into trusting your program as a good auction manager and now I canā€™t get it to work correctly and your not exactly easy to get a hold of.

After waiting for 23 days for you to reply I have still heard nothing. I now have a new problem. The revised version of the program I received from you was still freezing constantly. I decided to revert back to the newest version. The new version now does not allow me to open garage sale at all. If I click to open the program it has the little bar that says loading data then it does not open at all. It just sits with Memory size under the activity monitor rising. This means 1/2 of my ebay store will be shut down until it is resolved. I have tried time machining back to the prior version and I have tried downloading your sent file again. neither things work.
jun30th sample.txt (132 KB)

I cannot stress how import this is for me to get this figured out. Until you get back to me I have no way to manage roughly 1 million in paid for inventory.

I need your help extremely bad.

I just noticed that my laptop and desktop have different logins for this sight. 541 motorsports and spence17 are both me.

Sorry for the confusion

Last night I staid at my shop trying different things till well past midnight. I tried to do a complete restore of the computer. It is still doing the same thing. I also let the garage sale app stay open while not responding. It keeps consuming computer memory until the computer flashes a warning that it is out of memory and to close applications. This is only happening on the computer that had the modified version of Garagesale. I have sent my employee home for the day due to lack of work from garage sale not working. I have people trying to provide for their families that canā€™t until this is resolved. please help.

Spencer Apland
541 Motorsports
541-761-5431