GS Scout crashing in iOS

Just two weeks ago it was working fine for me on iOS but I guess the most recent update (April 11th) seems to have killed the app for me. It crashes direct after starting. I had one listing prepared in it with the previous version I guess and wanted to transfer it over to the Mac now. I tried deleting and re-installing the app but that didn’t help either. Any idea?

Hi,

can you tell me which iOS Version are you running on your device?

Thanks,
Paul

If you don’t mind, can you install TestFlight and tell me the account email address you used (in a private message)? Then I can invite you to a debug build…

Hallo Paul,

auf meinem iPhone läuft iOS 17.4.1.

Danke und viele Grüße,
Olaf

How can I send a private message to you? I may be blind but I can’t see where I can do that.

thanks,
Olaf

Just click on Paul’s avatar profile image and then on the blue “Message” button.

GS scout also crashes immediately in 16.5. Let me know if you need me to install TestFlight.

Thanks for your help. Actually there is already a release in the review process in the Apple App Store that fixes this issue.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,
great, now it works.
Just a question, is it possible to set somehow the import in order to save listings without any design applied or using a template already existing in GS?

Hi,

sorry, I do not understand the question. We do not have plans to add designs into GarageSale Scout if this answers your question?!

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,
sorry, I meant something else. When I import a group of new listings from Scout to GS, they are imported using a generic design. Why doesn’t Scout import listings without a design?

Unselecting the “Design” checkbox in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > New Listings before using the “Import from GarageSale Scout” feature should do the trick.