GS7: Where are templates (listing designs) stored?

Hi,

I would like to create my own custom templates and preferably start by studying and existing one and duplicate it.
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs7/en/Miscellaneous-Creating_Own_Listing_Designs.html

By browsing the GarageSale’s folders with the terminal, I remember having seen some .xhtml (or .html) files that had the name of existing templates.
However, I cannot remember where they were located and cannot find them again.

I browsed:
/Applications/GarageSale/...
and
/Users/Username/Library/Containers/com.iwascoding.garagesale7/Data/Library/Application Support/GarageSale/...
but cannot find the templates again.

I have created the DesignTemplates folder with the purpose to store my custom templates, but of course it is empty.

Nota Bene: I dont’ plan using the Design Utility as I’m the kind of guy who like coding (X)HTML with a code editor.

Thank you for your support.

Hi Leon,

you should store your custom design templates in the GarageSale database folder:

1. Start GarageSale 7.
  2. Select “Open Library Folder” from the Help menu.
  3. In that Finder window create a new folder called “DesignTemplates”, if not there already.
  4. Put your custom designs into that “DesignTemplates” folder.

Also, it is recommended to use the Design Utility. It creates the important “info.plist” file automatically. You don’t have to do the coding inside the utlity - just insert your whole HTML code there and hit save.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.