HELP! Auto-relist is not working at all!

If you are still seeing issues with listings that aren’t auto-relisted, even though they should have been, please use this version of GarageSale. It will log more information to the Console utility when processing listings for auto-relisting.

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2017-03-13.dmg

With this version, please choose “Update all listings” from the GarageSale’s listing menu.if you turned off automatic Listing and Order update in preferences,

You should be able to filter your Console window for entries containing “Autorestart:”. For every listing not being autorelisted, you should see a reason given why the auto-restart was not performed.

Hello Again Kristian,

I’ve attached another screenshot showing the automatic re-listing didn’t work for more items. I have only shown you these 5 items because they are grouped together. There are many more. Am I doing something wrong, if so how do I correct it. If it’s not me is it a bug in the program? Or is it an eBay issue? How do I correct this problem? I have never had this problem with any earlier versions.

I don’t mean to be an annoying person but it is becoming more and more annoying especially when I combine the re-listing problem with the program not updating my Paypal fees.

Steve

kristian
March 8
motmin:
My automatic re-list is still not working 100%. It is better but some listings are not re-listing. See attached screenshots.

That’s hard to tell why it didn’t work. The next time GarageSale does not auto relist a listing, can you select “update all listings” from the Listing menu - does this help? Please also open the “Activity” window from the Window menu: Are there maybe any “stalled” processes?

I don’t know if they stalled or not. How do I tell? And yes, I do “update all listings” from the Listing menu every time I sign in. And no it does not help.

motmin:
I am also having a problem with Paypal fees not showing up in a sold auction.

You’re referring to the Orders section? Could it be that these are older orders (older than 30 days)?
If not, does it help to select “Update all orders” from the Order menu?

I am talking about items that have just sold, not older listings. And yes, I have selected “download fees”.

Regards, Kristian

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

motmin
March 8
Hello Kristian, My automatic re-list is still not working 100%. It is better but some listings are not re-listing. See attached screenshots. I am also having a problem with Paypal fees not showing up in a sold auction. Again please see the attached screenshot. I have double checked and tested th…

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Steve Mattero
steve@motorsportsminiatures.com mailto:steve@motorsportsminiatures.com

Steve Mattero

Steve Mattero
steve@motorsportsminiatures.com

Hello Kristian,

My automatic re-list is still not working 100%. It is better but some listings are not re-listing. See attached screenshots.

I am also having a problem with Paypal fees not showing up in a sold auction. Again please see the attached screenshot. I have double checked and tested the Paypal API Signature Credentials. The green text says they are working correctly. This problem started in one of the beta test versions but has not changed in V7.0.7. Any suggestions?

Steve Mattero

Steve Mattero

Hi Steve Mattero,

unfortunately, your screenshot don’t help to find out why the relist didn’t work for you.[quote=“motmin, post:23, topic:2557”]
My automatic re-list is still not working 100%.
[/quote]

Can you describe this more specific? Do you get an error? Is there a “auto relist failed” icon (crossed out rocket icon)? Do you make use of the “Move original to” option?

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian

kristian
March 17
Hi Steve Mattero,

unfortunately, your screenshot don’t help to find out why the relist didn’t work for you.

motmin:
My automatic re-list is still not working 100%.

Can you describe this more specific? Do you get an error? Is there a “auto relist failed” icon (crossed out rocket icon)? Do you make use of the “Move original to” option? Items I have selected to automatically re-list are not automatically re-listing. I have checked that there is at least 1 of the item in stock. And yes I make use of the “Move original to” option.

Some screenshots:

The second problem I am dealing with is my Paypal fees are not being displayed. I have checked my Paypal settings and Paypal says were successfully verified. The items are being listed with the correct Paypal account info and the payments are going to my account. However the Paypal fees are not being displayed in GS when an item sells.

Regards, Kristian

In Reply To

motmin
March 17
Hello Kristian, My automatic re-list is still not working 100%. It is better but some listings are not re-listing. See attached screenshots. I am also having a problem with Paypal fees not showing up in a sold auction. Again please see the attached screenshot. I have double checked and tested the…

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Steve Mattero

Hi Steve,

What have you set the interval for updating orders and listings in GarageSale’s preferences to?

Could you also use this special build for now. It produces log messages which give the exact reason a listing wasn’t auto-restarted:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2017-03-13.dmg

Hello ilja,

Because of the problems with one of the previous versions I had selected Never and manually updated them when I logged into the program. I have changed now to every 5 minutes unless you suggest something different.

As for trying the new special build version, I will download and install it after lunch. Should I keep v7.0.7 also?

Also, no comment on the Paypal fee problem?

Thank you,
Steve

That’s the problem!! If you read my message, manually updating DOES NOT activates relisting! At least for me… do this and then check if it still does not work

Hello ilja,

By changing the re-listing interval from manual most but NOT all of the listings are now doing it automatically. Attached are some screenshots of something new that has just started happening. The listings that are not re-listing automatically now have a red circle with an exclamation point in the area that the re-listing instructions are. I included a screenshot showing that I do have at least 1 of the items in stock from one of the that didn’t re-list automatically.

All of a sudden I am not getting my Paypal fees listed. Miracle!!

I have downloaded the the version you asked me to in your email. When I checked the version of the new one it’s the same as the version I was running, v7.0.7 (795). Do I need to keep both versions? Will running 2 of the same versions cause any problems?

Thank you for your help with this.

Steve

These listings are not relisted for some internal error, look the red icon in advanced tab. It’s another thing, not caused by the previous “never” updating time set in preferences…

Hello ilja,

So what does the red icon mean? I can’t find its meaning in the icon legend pull down. And I still don’t have an answer to what the cause of this problem is.

Steve

Place your mouse cursor over this icon and wait a second. The error message will appear in a tooltip.

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian,

Sorry to disappoint you but when I place my cursor and wait a second or two or three, nothing happens.

Steve

Hello Kristian,

I just placed my cursor over the icon and this time I got the error message “Internal error to the application.”

Steve

“Internal error to the application” is returned by eBay’s server when there a having issues. So GarageSale tried to re-list your item, but eBay wasn’t feeling too well at that particular time. :frowning:

No, the only difference between 7.0.7 and the version I posted in this thread above is the additional logging written to the Console utility.

Sorry for the delay in looking into this issue. We’l look into this problem more closely this week.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

A post was split to a new topic: PayPal Fees Do Not Appear