Hide Shipping Options Never Used

I have a large set of premade templates for various scenarios; however, do have to manually alter these sometimes.

I don’t use, nor will I ever use, most of the services listed in the popup menu.

Having all these options listed makes picking what you want much slower as your eyes must adjust to the list each time. Wasted time is lost money!

I’d like to hide services by carrier and by individual services in a similar fashion that you can block buyers from entire geographical regions and by individual countries.

I only use domestic USPS services such as Priority Mail, Parcel Select, Media Mail, Frist Class Package, etc…

1 Like

What about GarageSale automatically moving the services you used most recently to the top?

I’d prefer not seeing the services I don’t use.

If I accidentially selected one wouldn’t that move it to the top also?

1. Perhaps you could add a menu command to the top of the popup list above dotted divider with a label such as “Edit List”.

2. After selected it its label changes to “Editing” and list shows all the rates.

3. In edit mode clicking on a service toggles a checkmark on its left on and off. A checkmark means you want the rate shown while no checkmark means to hide the service.

4. You you are done editing the list click the “Editing” selection at the top which changes back to “Edit List” and all the rates without a checkmark added in the editing mode are now hidden.

Edit: Added Image.

I don’t have any need for any of the crossed out services or even the gray service type titles. Standard Post would never likely been used either as the retail version of Parcel Select. Local Pickup would also likely never be used as I use Facebook for that as there are no fees and there is no risk of chargeback from PayPal as its cash only.

I think this (moving recently used to the top) is a great idea Ilya.

Another option, is to go to eBay and setup a few shipping profiles. Then select the profile you want from that short list. If you use profiles for shipping you also have to use payment and return profiles, but these are easy to setup and save a lot of time.

Yes, you should use profiles. It will satisfy your needs. GS - please don’t spend time on this - instead use your time on the Auto Cancelation feature.

That would be an utter waste of time!

Anything eBay has to offer is lightyears behind what you can do in GS. I can run circles around anyone using eBay’s tools or anyone using shipping profiles.

I already have an extensive collection of templates within GarageSale that fit various shipping scenarios.

• Individual Services
  • Combination of Services
  • Specific Items
  • Different Weights
  • Frequently Used Categories
  • Commonly Used Prefilled Information

With 20+ years of online experience (and 25+ years experience in shipping) all need to do is look at an item and instantly know how much its shipping weight is going to be. I need press Command + D on my keyboard to duplicate the matching template. Some larger items I weigh and measure, but there is no need to actually package these prior to shipping as I know how much they will weigh and how large they will be with added packaging - I simply choose a template.

Occassionally I need to alter one of my default templates as every scenario can’t be accounted for. When I do that I am shown a giant list of services I will never use. I can’t simply visually scan through the services I only use but have to scan through a large list. That is highly inefficient. If the list only contained the services I use within a short time selecting items would nearly be automatic due to muscle memory.

I can only imagine how confusing all of these services are to a new user of GS users and new sellers on eBay. Apple’s design mantra has been to keep it simple and easy to use so that anyone can set down and complete a task without reading a manual or doing much thinking at all as its obvious and fast.

So how do your shipping profiles account for different combinations of different items ranging in size form small to large and form light to heavy? These profiles are only useful if you sell the same widgets over and over again and they always have the same given sizes and weights (it would still make sense to GS over eBay shipping profiles).

Lets assume you have a inventory of 200 items and customers can buy three of them. Thats already 1,313,400 different combinations. These items are different sizes and weights. Some items require special packaging such as double boxing. We haven’t even factored in the different shipping services, shipping regulations regarding size and weight limits, etc.

No set of shipping profiles can account for all of these factors and others. On the other hand this is an easy task for one’s brain to tackle wihin a few seconds with a given amount of prior shipping expereince.

Not wanted and waste of time.

Reminds me of the 1990s where many sites didn’t have calculated shipping and instead wanted you enter a fixed price for shipping you item and a fixed price for adding additional items.

:see_no_evil:

Lets assume you have a inventory of 200 items and customers can buy three of them. Thats already 1,313,400 different combinations. These items are different sizes and weights. Some items require special packaging such as double boxing. We haven’t even factored in the different shipping services, shipping regulations regarding size and weight limits, etc.

As a quick bandaid, the latest beta of GarageSale now shows the last 5 selected shipping options at the top of the shipping popup.

Getting the popup into a state where it shows check boxes for hiding items is a little bit more tricky. We’ll investigate.

Interesting!

I only wished eBay cared as much as iwascoding does!

The check boxes were the first thing that came into my head.

I thought it might be more intuitive and easy to use than having a separate panel in the preferences for this.

I would like to see the ability to hide shipping options as well.

Moving to the top or a click box would both be a super improvement. I hate changing shipping because it is so hard to find the 2 or 3 I most often use.

Would something like this help?

ShowHide%20Popup

1 Like

The idea of using shipping profiles is also a good move but I would hate to think how long it would take me to convert 20000+ items.

David

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.