How do we fix this issue?

We have to update our listings every so often because for one reason or another our Gallery images just disappear. How can we fix this so it doesn’t happen again?

Screen Shot 2022-06-28 at 14.32.54

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 11.41.47

Many Thanks

DB

This probably is a listing that you imported from eBay OR it is a listing that you relisted through the eBay website (not through GarageSale)?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,

We can confirm our listings are generated with Garagesale then uploaded to eBay. If anything needs to be relisted we relist via Garagesale.

Kind Regards

DB

Can you post a link to this eBay listing so I can have a closer look?

Also, if you switch to Editor mode in GarageSale, do you see the listing’s HTML source code?

Of course.

Kind Regards

DB

Are you asking about this?

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 11.06.26

Kind Regards

DB

It’s not just related to one or two listings, it’s a reoccurring problem where Gallery images disappear from different listings, so we have to manually check each listing via eBay then refresh the description with Garagesale if there are any missing Gallery images.

Kind Regards

DB

Thank you. I checked both listings on eBay. The images are hosted on eBay servers and for me all images are shown perfectly fine.
Could this be a cache issue with your browser maybe?

Regards, Kristian

The listings have just been refreshed over the past 24 hours so everything is now “fixed”, however the issue will occur again, perhaps not with the listings which I’ve linked to but Gallery images from other listings will disappear.

This is one of the listings left which needs to be refreshed. It’s definitely not a browser/cache issue as the problem exists on multiple devices.

Kind Regards

DB

I See. The images inside the item description are no longer available on the eBay image server.
I can only assume that this listing has been relisted/restarted through the eBay website. The listing probably has been started a long time ago with GarageSale 8.2.1.
It might help to revise the listing from within GarageSale (making an entire revise). This should re-upload the images to eBay and renew the image links inside the item description, too.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Hi Kristian,

We’ve been revising either fully or just the description, but the problem still continues to occur. Are there any other recommendations or do we just put up with it and fix the issue everytime eBay loses our images?

All our listings are on GTC/Auto relist/restart every 30 days.

Kind Regards

DB

Hi,

Does anyone have any solutions other than for us to continue to refresh random listings as and when the images disappear?

Kind Regards

DB

In my experience, the problem you are having with the images is not a typical problem. Unfortunately, I don’t know what’s going on with your listings. Maybe it somehow has to do with the age of them, e.g. the “Q Acoustics” listing has initially been started in 2019. Maybe eBay has changed the image URL at some point, I don’t know.

My listings have in the neighborhood of 10,000 images and have not seen the problem you describe. They are however no more than 3 months old

Hi,

Thanks for all the help and advice, I guess it’s an eBay problem and something that cannot easily be fixed.

Kind Regards

DB

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.