How to Backup all data?

Hello,
I have an important question, is it possible to back up all data? I mean, I am a bit worried of loosing all data in GS7 (orders, settings and listings) , how can I do a backup? Is Time Machine enough?

Thank you

Hi,

Time Machine is a good thing but in addition you could backup the folder
com.iwascoding.garagesale7 in your User Library under
Macintosh HD/Users/yourUserName/Library/Containers.

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian,
thank you for help. Since “containers” is now hidden and I have to make it visible (and then invisible again) each time, is it possible to find a way to automatically backup it regularly? Maybe time machine settle things once and for all…

I suggest to use an external hard drive and use Apple’s Time Machine instead trying to remember to manually backup certain folders. A 1 Terrabyte external USB hard drive is a little over €50 these days.

Even better than an external USB hard drive is using Apple’s Time Capsule router with built-in hard drives, which saves you from plugging an external USB hard drive in and out.

Even better than a Time Capsule is TimeMachine-compatible NAS device on your local network with multiple hard drives set up as RAID. This way, you won’t lose your backups when your backup hard drive dies. (Happened to me twice.)

I back up to an external USB drive, a Mac running Time Machine server, and a Synology 2-disk NAS at the same time. The Synology backups the most critical data to Amazon Glacier, just in case everything else fails.

(Just my 0.02€). :wink:

Interesting… I have to study it this evening…