How to change the Shipping package Type in Bulk

in GS7…I want to change in bulk the shipping package type from Package/Thick Envelope to Large Envelope (Ebay’s calculations between the 2 types is a large difference) but I don’t see a way to do this in bulk without all other shipping settings changing along with it. I want to select multiple listings and change just the package type without changing anything else in shipping I want the weights to stay the same because each is different but only want the package type to change.

Do you guys have a scripted for this action? I had asked about changing each shipping preferences in bulk for GS6 and you guys said GS7 can do that but not GS6. How do I do this in GS7?

This AppleScript should do the trick for the selected listings:

tell application "GarageSale"
repeat with theListing in (get selected ebay listings)
	tell theListing
		tell shipping option of theListing
			set package type to "Large Envelope"
		end tell
	end tell
end repeat
end tell

That worked! Thank you very much!

1 Like

After switching to Large Envelopes in GS7 for shipping type I just realized although ebay calculates for Large Envelopes which is considerably less, they don’t have it listed in their shipping labels to buy it… but i see a statement I would have to buy directly at the post office to get Large Envelope pricing. That’s inconvenient. As long as the envelope is not more then .25” thick anything can go in it for the lower price. i guess i will switch it back to package/envelope for now. Glad I have this script so I can make changes fast to all listings if I want to go back to Large Envelope or other type. Thank you

1 Like