How to update a GS listing that the buyer canceled?

I’ve noticed before that GS seems to detect this just fine, but for some reason, recently it did not. A buyer purchased a DVD from me, and realized within minutes they already had it, and requested a cancelation. I granted it, and using the eBay website’s cancelation screen, checked the box to “relist for free”.

GS still shows the original item as sold and not relisted - how do I force GS to update the info for this item so the listing shows as active, and not sold, in GS?

Thanks!

If “Update All Listings” won’t do the trick maybe this helps:

There’s a way to “link” a listing in GarageSale with an active listing from eBay.

To do this invoke the “Import from eBay” command. Don’t import any listing there, just drag the desired listing from the “Import from eBay” panel to the arrow icon next to the Item Number field in the Live inspector. This links the listing in GarageSale with the listing on eBay.

This animation shows how to do it:
https://help.iwascoding.com/uploads/default/original/2X/6/697d7b705581219a73da7667aa930a756ef9ca82.gif

Very clear instructions, thank you. Unfortunately GS thinks the item is sold and it is marked as a green icon [update listings did not help]. So when I do the drag and drop method, nothing happens. The cursor never turns into the curved arrow like in your animation. I will make a short video and DM that to you so you can see. when importing from My eBay, and filtering on the item itself, it is odd to see the one that closed still showing up. And the live view of that sold item has a link to re-list but I already did that via the cancelation web page. I am dragging the listing that ends on Nov 8 2024 vs the one that ended Oct 8 2024.

Any relisting I do is through GS. When ebay relists things get weird so if ebay relists in a situation like a return or cancel the simplest way to keep GS running smooth I cancel the ebay one and relist through the GS app. Ebay gives me 10,000 listings a month with a store subscription which I never get close to using so it is free to end and relist.

Good advice. Thank you! I ended up selling the item [a 2nd time!] today and the buyer did not cancel. I believe I did the relist via the “approve/deny cancelation request” screen on eBay’s website as the customer both e.mailed me and requested the cancelation within 5 minutes of ordering. Next time I will not checkmark the “relist for free” checkbox, as I believe that’s what I did this time, as prior cancelations and re-lists showed up fine in GS, so I must have used GS to do them with.