I Forget How To Rename a Store

I’ve exhausted every option I could think of, so I am forced to ask a question which will prove my brain is not working any more!

I want to change the name of my store.

I think I used to know how to do this, but I can’t figure it out. :frowning:

Can anyone refresh my memory, please?

Hi Michelle,

you need to visit the My eBay website directly.
Maybe this eBay page helps you:
https://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/questions/store-change-name.html

Once you have changed the name refresh your eBay access token in the GarageSale preferences > Accounts and also click the “Update Account Details” button.

Regards, Kristian

Thank you, kristian. Again. :slight_smile:

Well, I changed the name of my store. Or at least eBay recognizes that I did that.

But GarageSale apparently doesn’t know about it.

I’ve clicked on the "Update Account Details” button a few times since I made the change yesterday. I’ve also clicked on the more annoying “Refresh Access Token.”

Neither thing works.

I guess it might need some time until your new store name is available through the eBay API. Not sure how long it takes - maybe you wait 24h and then give it another try?

Regards, Kristian

Ok. Thank you kristian.

Still no change in the title. The new categories and store motto was successful the same night I did the title.

eBay has it:

But my “working title” is still in GarageSale. Title

@kristian

Do you have any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Hi Michelle,

unfortunately, I am not sure if this is an issue with GarageSale or with eBay. I’ll forward this isue to the developers.

Regards, Kristian

Thank you, kristian. I look forward to hearing back.

Hi Michelle,

I tried it here, renamed the eBay store, clicked on “Update account details” and reloaded the Preview. The new store name showed up immediately in the Pro Design. So my guess is that it should work for you, too.

What happens if you create a new listing from scratch and select a Pro Design and a store category? Does it still display the old store name?

Regards, Kristian

It still has the same (old) name.

I tried with several other designs as well just because I’m desperate.

You also tested it with a newly created, blank listing?
It’s not a listing “imported from eBay”, right?

Regards, Kristian

Correct. I did it from scratch. more than once.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.