ImageLibrary location

1. Am I right in assuming once product images have been dragged into the app they are copied to the ImageLibrary folder and the original images are no longer needed? I’m having a clean out and would like to move the thousands of images (original ones) to external storage.

2. My ImageLibrary folder is around 15GB. My HD is partitioned (system/storage) and running low on space on the system partition (about 10GB left). There will be a lot more images going into the folder in the very near future, which is a cause for concern.

My question is will making an alias for this ImageLibrary folder work so that I can host the images on my 2nd partition?

When listings are deleted from the app are the images associated with them being deleted from ImageLibrary?

1. I have questions about my license but the email link does not work for me, what is the email I can contact somebody on?

Thanks…

Yes, GarageSale copies images to its own library folder.

There is an internal feature that will reduce all images in your library to a specified size. Chances are, that your your images in GarageSale are bigger than what gets uploaded to eBay anyway. If you do have a backup of your GarageSale library folder, you might give this feature a try.

Try writing to garagesale@iwascoding.com

“There is an internal feature that will reduce all images in your library to a specified size. Chances are, that your your images in GarageSale are bigger than what gets uploaded to eBay anyway. If you do have a backup of your GarageSale library folder, you might give this feature a try.”

…and said feature is where?

My questions were:

1. Will making an alias for this ‘ImageLibrary’ folder work so that I can host the images on my 2nd partition?

Meaning, if I have an ‘Imagelibrary’ folder on my 2nd partition, can I create an alias of it, and use in place of the one inside the Library folder to save any issues of space in the future.

and

When listings are deleted from the app are the images associated with them being deleted from ImageLibrary?

Is it possible to create a symlink to the entire Library folder so it can be put anywhere, like in the iCloud folder?

Replacing the image library with a symlink to another drive should work in theory, but we haven’t tested this and it’s therefore not “officially supported”.

Why would you put it there? That doesn’t sound like a good choice.

Well, automatic backups with version history, what makes that a bad choice?

In that case it should be fine. I thought you might want to share your GarageSale library between several Macs using iCloud.

But that shouldn’t be much of a problem unless i would be using two instances of GS at the same time.

Other than that, the folder works as intended in its new location.

1 Like

I’ll sent you instructions on how to enabled that feature in a private message. It it is not very well tested, so please make sure to have a backup of your images library folder before trying it.

It should work, but it not supported, because we never really tested that feature.

Yes, if the last listing that uses a particular image gets deleted from the Trash, that image is deleted from your hard drive.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.