Is there a way to not list alphabetically?

When creating an even or uploading a folder all listings are now automatically oriented alphabetically. Is there a way to prevent this and just list as they appear in the folder?

If you sort the listings in the order you want (using the headers in List View), whatever the order they are there, when selected and launched (or re-listed) will be the order they start in.

If you don’t see the columns you want to sort on, you can control-click in the List View headers to add (or remove) more.

And if you want to have a two-layer sort (like Store Category name, and alphabetical by title in each category) when you click the Title header (first) and then Category header, the sub-order is retained.

I find it’s much easier to just pick the sort order I prefer (by Starting Price, or SKU, or title or Store Category or whatever) in the List View and ignore the sort order in the folder hierarchy.

Also, if you organize them that way and drag them to the Scheduler they are added in the specified order there, too.

Also, writing this out I just learned something for myself: If you sort items in the List view according to your preference, and drag that sorted list into a folder in the left sidebar, the order is retained there too.

1 Like

Selecting “Reset Overview Sort Order” from the View menu (when having a folder selected) might help.

Regards, Kristian

1 Like

Thank you for your response, Kristian.

A number of things spring to mind.

1. Why would I want to stop a listing 1 day from its ending? Maybe if i was going on holiday? I would however stop a listing one hour before it ended to stop EBay re-listing it. In conjunction with the re-start option I would create a ‘new’ listing after the listing has ended. In fact this is what I would like to do.

2. As Richard pointed out, when one wants a ‘new’ listing it is far more likely that a user would duplicate and edit it, rather than using a template.

3. Eg. Most new items I list are auction types and so GS does not stop them. It would make no sense. At some time down the track they will become BIN types and I would prefer a one hour stopping default. Of course, other users will have different work practices to mine and may disagree. I am happy to go with the majority decision.

David

I have to watch myself when I am setting things to restart. You can accidentally end and restart an auction which is not a smart thing to do since lots of people snipe a listing at the last second so they don’t get bid up. You only want to restart buy it know listings. Yes, I do bid at the last few seconds as well.

Agreed, Richard. It makes no sense to end an auction early nor does it make sense to snipe BIN types.
Maybe Auction types and Automatic Cancellation of them should be mutually exclusive?

Regards David

| rlmartin
August 16 |

• | - |

I have to watch myself when I am setting things to restart. You can accidentally end and restart an auction which is not a smart thing to do since lots of people snipe a listing at the last second so they don’t get bid up. You only want to restart buy it know listings. Yes, I do bid at the last few seconds as well.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.