Item duplication causes crash

Hi Kristian

I can export a single listing then re-import it.

It creates a new listing leaving the original but it does not know which group it belongs to.

If I have to export 12000 items it looks like I will have to delete all existing listings (to avoid duplications) and then the whole 12000 will be in one big list. That would take me days to re-order and I am not sure I want to go down that track.

Can I interrogate the database directly? Is it accessible by mysql or similar?

David

Did you try to export in smaller batches, e.g. 100 items at once? Does this work?

HI Ilja

I said in an earlier post I can do this in much bigger batches and re-import them in the same number but it is a fair amount of work because:

1. when they are re-imported they are imported into one long list (groupless), which means I will then have 12000 in a single group less list to be re-sorted. Not sure if I could face that.
  2. I then have to delete all the originals to remove any corruption that may exist in them.
  3. I may not know until all 12000 have been imported whether it has made any difference.

David

I’m having same issue too after updating to GS 7 about a month ago.

Same version as OP 7.07 (795). Sierra Macbook Pro late 2016 base model

Hi Mark
If it is possible to corrupt the database, which is obviously possible and that’s ok, then it would be really useful to have a utility to validate the database as well.

Regards David

Hi Dave,

I had some trouble importing when I first upgraded to V7 - so I manually copied stuff over to the directory from an old back up. It worked fine for a few weeks - and then all of a sudden this week it crashes every time I’m using GS. Right now it’s an inconvenience and I just relaunch. I don’t have time to look into this. I do hope they come up with a fix and release a bug fix update.

Don’t hold your breath, Mark.

Don’t gert me wrong, I really like the app and I can also work my way its problems, but every release seems to introduce new bugs and there are still outstanding requests for improvements from years back that have not been implemented.

David

For me, still crashes while relisting (manually, not auto-relist). Already sent a video to @ilja some weeks ago, but now I saved also the crash report. I will send it too…

Is seems that many people are having different bugs. That is worrying. It may be that many users are having database integrity issues but without a lower level access to the database it is impossible to tell.
David

Hi David,

Like I said - Up until recently I haven’t had any issues like this one. For me - this issue just started this week. My breath is held and I’m turning blue from stubbornness - but I’m hoping that the devs come up with a fix for this so I don’t have to wipe my installation clean. Not that it’s no much backing up my files and dropping them back in - I just don’t want to deal with that this week.

i would be interested to hear if reloading the files fixes it. I have 12,000 entries so I do think that is a viable option for me.
David

Hi David,

I do have an update. For some reason it fixed itself. Hasn’t happened to me for a couple days.

Cheers

If anybody is still getting crashes during duplication, please use this version from now on:

https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.8b1.dmg

Hi ilja,

Mine stopped crashing while duplicating, but I get an error or some message that says “Garage Sale has stopped working” when I exit the software. I’m not near my machine and I’m kind of busy this week - but I can send you an error log this weekend if you instruct me how to do so. Will this new update fix what I’ve described. Thank you.

Hi mook,

do you really get such a message or is it just the “processes still running” panel that appears? If last, that’s the normal behaviour. If you don’t want to wait click on the “Quit now” button there.

Regards, Kristian

The latest version works OK for me.

kristian,

Yes - I really really do. In fact, verbatim it reads “Problem Report for GarageSale - GarageSale unexpectedly quit, Would you like to send a report so that we can fix the problem?” each and every time I launch and every time I exit GS.

I do not have time for screen captures nor looking into this further this week as I have a 9 to 5. It’ll have to wait till the weekend. But if you would like for me to include error log data - let me know how to proceed - I’d be happy to forward it to you.

I do not see the problem that Mark sees. Mine opens and closes without any issues.
David

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.