Listing LIVE Mode - No Status Update

Hello,

I have a problem with my live listings.
The FAQ tells you :
“Once a listing has been started, it can be monitored in GarageSale’s “Live” mode.”

In my case the tracking shows some old information from 2 days ago.
I tried the feature “update all listings” and also selected multiple of my listings and clicked the “status update” button (Arrow button next to the “duplicate” ). But it seems that there is no effect. No spinning loading animation or anything else. Sometimes I get lucky and manage to get an update for one single listing that is online after a few tries.

My opinion is that the feature should work like this: select all items/listings I want to refresh, press “update all listings”, and get the up-to-date information from eBay.

(I allready refreshed my eBay access token in the GS preferences with no effect.)

P.S.: There is the same problem in the “Accounts” toolbar, the information for active listings is not updating when I press the update button (but I there I can see a spinning loading animation)

Sorry for the bad englisch/explanation. :see_no_evil:

Thank you

GS version 8.3.6 (1292)

In general selecting “Update All Listing” can properly update the listing states if there’s new data availble from eBay.
What you also might want to do is to renew the eBay token completely:
Remove your eBay account from the GarageSale preferences > Accounts, restart your Mac and then re-add your eBay account.

However, maybe the eBay system currently is just slow with providing the updated states. What listing updates are you missing exactly?
Also, is it maybe an “Archived Listing” that you see in Live mode?

Regards, Kristian

Hello Kristian,

thanks for the reply.

I bought GS just recently (1 week ago). So I had to set up my account completely new in GS.
I owned a version of GS years ago, at that time there was an option for an Widget (older MacOS), and I was used to just press the refresh button in the widget and all listing were updated back then.

What you are saying is, that there is only an update when new data is available …
Maybe that’s the problem. I find it very confusing that if you press “update”, the date that is shown (Time for the last update) is 2 days old because there maybe is no new data from ebay (bid count, visitors e.g.). In this case I can not figure out if the update was successful.

“However, maybe the eBay system currently is just slow with providing the updated states. What listing updates are you missing exactly?”
-> Date for the last update is “old”, so I don’t know if the information about bids and highest bid is up to date.

“Also, is it maybe an “Archived Listing” that you see in Live mode?”
-> The listings are live for 5 days and still active.

Tank You

In the GarageSale preferences > Orders > “Update Orders and Listings” do you maybe have “Never” selected there?

OK, but do you see a bar at the top of your listing in Live mode that says “Archived Listing”?

Regards, Kristian

Hello,

“Update Orders and Listings” is set to “5 Minutes”

“OK, but do you see a bar at the top of your listing in Live mode that says “Archived Listing”?”
No, there is no bar saying “Archived Listing” the Ebay Webpage starts from the top without the bar.

I assume that GS just do not change the date for the last update if there was no new information/changes in data.
Or is my GS just acting funny ?

Thank you !

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.