Listing Upload Failure -- WebDAV: Could not create file: 405 Not Allowed

Hello All,

I have been using GS since 2014 without serious issue. As of last weekend, I began receiving the error code “WebDAV: Could not create file: 405 Not Allowed.” This has happened with new auctions and relistings, but it does not happen with all of them. There is no pattern as to which ones will upload and which ones will not. Operating System and GS versions are below. Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

OSX: 10.11.3
GS Version: 6.9.8b6

Hi maro,

what image server do you have selected in the GarageSale preferences > ImageServer?
Also, do you list GTC listings?

It’s worth a try to upgrade to GarageSale 7 :wink:
http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/

Regards, Kristian

Thank you for your reply Kristian!

The image server I have selected is “Garagesale’s Free Picture Service”.

I do not list GTC listings. The listings vary between 7 and 10-day auctions, and 30 BIN/BINOBO. I have tried changing formats for the listings and that has no influence.

Upgrading to GS 7 is on the horizon :wink:

Hi maro,

not sure if this is an issue with your internet connection, system or the image server but you should make sure that your network does not block the connection (Firewall, proxy server) and that you don’t use a tool that could block the network (Kaspersky, LittleSnitch, MacKeeper, HandsOff, cisco anyconnect, GlimmerBlocker or any other AdBlocker).

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,

Thank you again for quickly responding. Very much appreciated.

I will look into the solutions you provided.

One follow-up: Is there a GS version history page where I can download another copy of 6.8.9b? While a brute force solution, the only other issue I had with GS was fixed via reinstall.

Best,
Matt

Yes, on the Downloads page just click on the grey “Download Older Versions” button:

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,

To follow-up on this. I downloaded and reinstalled the GS software. My first attempt to upload a listing I had received the WebDAV error on resulted in me receiving an Error 10007: Internal error to the application. I then attempted to upload the listing again and it went through without issue. At present, the remainder of the listings are uploading without issue.

Best,
Matt

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.