Listings Disappeared from GS

Some time in the past few days, a few hundred of my listings disappeared from GarageSale.

This is just weird, but a couple hundred of my “Sold” listings disappeared, leaving only items sold after July of 2007.

All but 1 of my templates are also gone.

These two types of files are kept totally apart from one another, with templates being at the very top of the page and SOLD items at the bottom in a folder of their own.

That being the case, if I had deleted them, it would have taken quite a few erroneous steps, twice.

At no point were they in my DELETED LISTINGS file, as I always and without fail check to be sure only files I don’t want any more are being erased from the deleted file.

My question is this: Where might I be able to find these listings?

I am sorry to hear. Please let us know which version of GarageSale you have installed. (Just select ‘About GarageSale’ from the ‘GarageSale’ menu in GarageSale.)

Regards, Kristian

Thanks, Kristian.

It’s 7.0.9 (811)

So you had two groups in your left sidebar?
One for your “prepared” listings and the other one for your “sold” listings. Both groups disappeard suddenly, did I get this correctly?

Just to make sure: You didn’t start the old GarageSale 6 accidentally? You’re looking at GarageSale 7, right?

If yes, are you maybe starting GarageSale 7 on a new system or user account? Did make a system update recently?

If possible, could you post a screenshot of your GarageSale main widow so we can see what you see?
Taking screenshots is done easily:
Press Command-Shift-4 on your keyboard simultaneously, then select an area with the cursor. It will be saved as an image file on your desktop.

Regards, Kristian

You have it almost correct.

I had more than two groups, but those are the two main ones.

The SOLD group didn’t all disappear. Just those sold before July of 2017. (I typo’d on the first post.)

The templates look like listings, but they’re called something similar to “00 Griswold Template.” They were in the same folder as the top of the active listings. (I am attaching a screenshot of what I mean. The templates in the screenshot are two that I had to reconstruct last weekend but you can see what i mean.)

I did open GS 6, but that was some time after the disappearance. I was trying to find where they disappeared to and when that didn’t happen I opened it again in order to see if I still had templates in there that I could use.

But I am not confusing one version with another.

It’s not a new system, and the only updates have been those Apple supplies. I did upgrade to High Sierra when that came out, but the templates and sold items were still intact for quite some time afterwards.

Oh! I guess I was one step in front of you on the screenshot. :slight_smile: Here is the bottom of the side panel:

OK, hmm, that’s very odd. If you use the search field to search one of the missing listing, does the search find it?
If yes, the listings might still be around but maybe hidden in another group (or it might be an issue with your database).

Also, in your 2nd screenshot there’s a group (“Spare&Duplictaes”) BELOW the Trash bin! That’s very strange because actually you can’t move a group to this position. Can you drag it back ABOVE the trash bin? Does that work?

Regards, Kristian

Done. I actually had about 6 folders below the trash. I’ve moved them all up.

They’ve been there for years, before I even bought GS 7.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.