Messages are very slow to send

Hello,
it is some weeks I am having troubles while sending messages. After dispatching an item, I am use to click on mail icon (order section) and send a pre-made template to the customer. However it is terribly slow to start, sometimes it stays there minutes and doesn’t send, so I quit the application, restart and sometime it starts more quickly. Where is the problem?

Thank you
Federico

Is this problem only for me :sweat:?? Every day it is slower… now there is a message with spinning icon over the paper plane for 4 minutes…

If the see the spining beach ball, please record a spin dump and send it to us. Here is how:

1. Launch GarageSale if you don’t have it already running

2. Open the Terminal utiliy (under /Application/Utilities)

3. paste the following line into the Terminal window and press return:

sudo spindump GarageSale 120 -onlytarget -file ~/GarageSale-spindump.txt

4. Enter your account’s password so spin dump can connect to the GarageSale process

5. You now have 2 minutes to work with GarageSale and trigger a beach ball

6. After this period, you should see something like this in the Terminal:

Sampling completed, processing symbols...
    Spindump analysis written to file /Users/<your username>/GarageSale-spindump.txt
  1. Please send us the file GarageSale-spindump.txt from your account’s home directory

@ilja the problem is that there is no spinning ball, otherwise I would have already done it. But when I click on the top left icon (the paper plane) there is a sort of spinning circle above it and it lasts also 3-4 minutes before sending…

Can you make a screen recording, which shows the effect (a few seconds would be sufficient).

I send it to you by message because of buyer’s info I cannot delete from the video…

@ilja did you receive the video? The situation is going worst, today I waited nearly 6 minutes… do you know where the problem is from?

Perhaps. Message sending is done on the same internal queue as other operations (message download, order download, deleting expired images from a custom image server, etc.). Most likely on of the other operations is cloaking up that queue, so it takes a while until your message gets send. Let see if we can move the message send operation to a different queue. :thinking:

Please check it if sending messages works better with this version:

http://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7_2016-09-30.zip

Dear @ilja,
Thank you so much for your effort!!! It works perfectly, send immediately as it was before!!

Thank you again for your fast support!!
Federico

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.