Moving GarageSale to another computer temporarily

My laptop needs to be serviced so I will be moving garagesale to my Mac temporarily. I have 200 or so auction templates that I need to list or relist in the next few weeks. I do not have an eBay store. When I move garagesale to the Mac, do I need to move the pictures that go with those auction templates? Should I just move over the unsold auction templates or all the auction templates? What happens when I move everything back to my laptop? I am running garagesale 6.9 on my macbook pro retina mid 2012 and the mac is an iMac mid 2011 both running Yosemite 10.10.2.

Thanks

Hi BarbM,

what you could do is to move your whole GarageSale database to your other Mac. There’re instructions in the “How do I move my GarageSale data to a different Mac?” entry in the FAQs here:
http://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Support.html
(last entry)

If you do this you should have GarageSale 6.9.2 installed on both Macs.

Regards, Kristian

Thanks for the info Kristian. Do I move all the photos as well? or just the photos of the current auctions/templates? or do i need to move all the sold template pictures as well? And what happens when I get my laptop back and there has been activity on garage sale thru my iMac?

Hi,

yes, the images are included in the database folder.

And what happens when I get my laptop back and there has been activity on garage sale thru my iMac?

→ You could transfer the GarageSale database from the laptop back to your iMac.

Regards, Kristian