My eBay import duplicates photos in each listing

After posting a listing on eBay from one Mac using GS and subsequently importing into a secondary Mac using GS’s import from My eBay function, I discovered that the photos duplicated themselves.

I’ve tried checking and unchecking the ‘Download listing images’ parameter, but either way the pictures duplicate. Also, I’ve also tried checking and unchecked the ‘Remove design from description’ parameter, but either way the pictures also duplicate.

My concern is that doubling the photos slows down the resolution of the page for the person viewing it. Any thoughts how to eliminate this problem? Or does it matter in your opinion. Thanks!

Are the duplicated images shown in Editor mode, too?

Photos are NOT duplicated in editor mode

Kristian : The photos do not show as duplicated in Editor mode (on the side), here’s the code

Please purchase only AFTER you have read description & closely examined all supersized scans of actual comic

CONDITION: low to mid-grade example with a double cover misprint manufacture error, inner cover is better preserved than outer / I am not a professional grader so you need to judge for yourself: definite wear to outer covers w/ rubbing, staining, writing; inner cover also shows wear and slight chipping to edge, spine roll to front, several ticks to spine, front page has folded corner (see photo #5), all pages clean & unmarked show yellowing / don't hesitate to ask questions

PACKAGING: to preserve condition as advertised, all items are bagged & boarded and shipped in sturdy, specialized comic mailer

SHIPPING: USPS 1st Class Mail to USA; eBay Global Program for international buyers

MULTIPLE PURCHASES: an eBay Shopping Cart function will automatically calculate additional items and provide a total OR message us via eBay for an invoice

FEEDBACK: for confident purchase, please take a look at our feedback, we make every effort to provide accurate descriptions of condition and provide extra-large photos

COMICS PROPERLY STORED IN COOL / SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

#gsDefaultBtmImgArea {text-align: center; padding-top: 20px;} #gsDefaultBtmImgArea img {max-width: 100%; margin-bottom: 15px;} @media only screen and (max-width:414px) { #gsDefaultBtmImgArea img {max-width: 100%;} }

_gsrx_vers_1469 (GS 9.1 (1469))

If that listing was initially started with GarageSale using a GarageSale listing design, selecting the „Remove design from description“ option should avoid these „duplicate“ images.
If not, you probably need to remove the image tags from the item description’s HTML code manually (see the Editor mode). Another way is to „clean“ the whole item description, e.g. by doing this:

Copy the description text in Preview mode, then switch to Editor mode, delete the entire description there and insert (paste) the text.

More about the options in the Import from eBay panel:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Listings_Section-Importing_from_eBay.html

Thank you Kristian! That was a very helpful reply. I should have thought to modify the images in editor mode. This provides me a workaround for now and then I’ll focus on how to stop the images from duplicating upon import so I don’t have to do this in the future. I have not had this problem previously because apparently I was using the correct photo & design import parameters. Thanks again for your always great support!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.