Need to downgrade

I need to downgrade 8 isn’t working for me. The link on the site says to contact them and when I contact them they tell me to go to the site to download older version. ???

Why isn’t working for you?

Here is a link to the latest GS 7.0 release:
https://downloads.iwascoding.com/downloads/GarageSale_7.0.20.dmg

Well it asks for my password when I go to keychain access to get it it throws up another error saying I am restricted.

Can you post a screenshot (press cmd-shift-4) of the error message you getting after entering your password?

Yes I have one but do not want all of the info posted do you have an inbox?

I am totally locked out cannot post

Here ya go.

I am a bit clueless here but could it be that in the System Preferences > Users & Groups the option “Allow use to administer this computer” is NOT selected?

Regards, Kristian

Thanks for the screenshot, that helps a lot!

Have you tried to enter the password that you are using to login into your computer?

If that’s not working, just quit GarageSale and delete the “GarageSale eBay Account” entry (highlighted in the background of your screenshot) in the Keychain Access utility. That entry was created with GarageSale 7, so you need to allow GarageSale 8 to access it using your account password.

If you delete that entry from your Keychain, and re-authorize your eBay account in GarageSale (Preferences > Accounts > Refresh Access token), you should be good to go.

That is the problem I have forgotten it and need to go to Keychain Access to retreive it and that is when the other restricted error message shows up.

Which of your passwords to you have forgotten? The password for your Mac account, or the password for your eBay account?

You should still be able to delete the “GarageSale eBay Account” entry in the Keychain, even if you don’t know the password to your Mac anymore. However, you will need your eBay account password to re-authorize your eBay account within GarageSale afterwards.

It seems you have selected a profile from your “Business Policies” for your returns and/or payment options.
Due to eBay rules you have to use your business policies for all options (shipping, returns, payment) or don’t use them at all.

Check the “Profiles” menu at the bottom of the return options and select a return profile there, if you have one.

Hope this helps,
Kristian

Nothing is working out for me how do I downgrade I see no options to downgrade on the site.

If you open the “Downloads” website, scroll down a bit and click on the grey “Download Older Versions” button, you can download GarageSale 7 there.
https://www.iwascoding.com/GarageSale/Downloads.html

Regards, Kristian

Great thanks so much for all of your help I hope this works !

Please contact me through the support email or reply to my mail I just sent you.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.