Negative shipping cost for additional items in multi-item listings with free shipping?

I recently decided to offer free shipping on low price items to gain better rank in search results, but now i realize that this only resulted in the awkward situation that listings with quantity larger than 1 also stacked up the shipping cost now included in the BIN price.

Is there any elegant way of subtracting the shipping cost for the second item and above from the same listing without manual interaction with buyers?

There is a way to set up your Business Policies (on eBay, using the web interface) to discount multiple items, but I’ve had problems with this over the years. As far as I know right now, you can either discount each additional item by a fixed amount, or calculate the entire shipment based on the total weight entered for each item. Neither of which is really quite right.

1 Like