Package dimensions changing?

When I enter my package dimensions I notice that the number changes to a rounded-down number, rather than the exact size. Will this show up with the correct info when posted or is GS changing what I enter?
Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 10.30.18 PM

I think that rounded number is only shown in the package summary string in the Shipping popover. The correct value should be transferred to eBay, if I am not mistaken.
Do you have the chance to check this in the uploaded listing on the eBay website?

I didn’t upload the listings yet. I suppose I can do just 1 to test before I schedule a batch but I wanted to check here first to see if anyone knew for sure.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 12.35.40 PM
Someone (GS or Ebay) rounds up. This is listed on ebay at 7 x 7 x 6
If you put in 15.9 ounces GS rounds down to 15 and ebay lists at 15 ounces

Whole numbers are on ebay. Either ebay or GS is rounding

So its indiscriminate. Sometimes .5 goes up and sometimes down. Tell THAT to the post office!

Actually, the PO and other carriers always round up for both dimensions or weights.

1 Like

Which is what I’m going to have to do in my posting to play it safe and not caught short on postage.

Thanks all for the replies.

Hi,

just had a look into our sources. @kristian is right, the package description string in the UI just cuts off everything after the decimal point. But we send up to 2 decimal points to eBay. So it seems that eBay is cutting off some points? Can you confirm this and can you confirm that they allow decimal points on their website?

Thanks,
Paul

I always round up and weight is the most important. Package dimensions are not so important until you get up into oversize on L x W, the girth dimensions.

If you are shipping USPS and the package is below a cubic foot and its length is not over 22" then there is no reason to enter the package dimensions at all.

It is a utter waste of time as if they are left blank eBay will assume:

(a) The package is not over a cubic foot and thus not subject to a dimensional weight rate.

(b) The package i snot subject to a length surcharge.

eBay will then bill the customer for a regular package based on its weight and not a dimensional rate or add a length surcharge.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.