Package Type Deprecated

When selecting USPS Flat Rate Envelope for International shipping with the price calculated, verification generates an error message that the package type is deprecated and that it has been converted to package/envelope and the size and weight are missing. When using a domestic flat rate package, the shipping fee is truly “flat”; the same for any destination. Internationally, that is not true. Using a flat rate envelope results in different fees for different countries. For example, a FRE to Canada is $26.90USD. The same envelope to Japan is $35.35 and to Australia is $38.60. I realize I could set the flat rate to the highest fee, but that seems unreasonable from the customer’s perspective. Is there something I’m missing?

Jim

Please let us know which version of GarageSale you have installed. (Just select ‘About GarageSale’ from the ‘GarageSale’ menu in GarageSale.)

What is the package type that you currently have selected/that seems to be deprecated?

Also, do you use a shipping profile?

Regards, Kristian

Hi,
I’m using version 8.2 build 1247. The computer is a 2018 Mac Mini running MacOS 10.15.6.

The package type I’m using is USPS Flat Rate Envelope as selected in the Shipping Services box. It only occurs when the Flat Rate Envelope option is selected and Calculated is selected in Shipping Fees dropdown. If I select Flat Rate it doesn’t generate the warning, and it doesn’t seem to matter what the value for the shipping fee is.

As I mentioned in my original message, USPS Flat Rate in International shipping isn’t really a flat rate. It seems to vary from about $28 to $38 USD depending on the destination which was the reason for selecting a Calculated fee.

Jim

Jim C Ferguson
Roseville, CA

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
Arthur C Clarke, 1917-2008

While you are working on shipping issues, The first class international drop down tab is still showing up as blank.

Could it be that you have hidden this service through the “Show/Hide” function? Please see the help here:
https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Listings_Section-Setting_Up_eBay_Listings.html#shipping
(see the screenshot)

Regards, Kristian

If you try to create a listing on the eBay website directly, does it still offer you a “USPS Flat Rate Envelope” package type option there, too?
On eBay’s shipping calculator website that option is not offered at all so my guess is that “USPS Flat Rate Envelope” is no longer available.

Maybe it’s just deprecated and should no longer be shown in GarageSale.

Regards, Kristian

Flat rate international is still valid on eBays ship your order page. I do use them sometimes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.