Package weight is not valid or missing

I’m getting the error “Package weight is not valid or missing” when I revise a current listing while adding ‘calculated’ international shipping. If I use a ‘Flat’ shipping value, the listing revises fine.

Yes I am entering the fields for “Package” with the weight and size and I am selecting the correct shipping service option, in my case; US Priority Mail International.

Context: Normally I use ebay global shipping but it is becoming impossible to ship to countries like Germany and UK due to recycling, VerpackG licensing fees. I don’t manufacture and have a very small footprint for waste using the minimal packing materials to insure the product arrives safe. Hence, I’m going to try to revise my listings in bulk and add international shipping based on actual weight where I complete the customs information and bypass the convenience of ebay global shipping program as my only means of reaching these countries.

This doesn’t happen every time. I’ve been fiddling with this all day. A handful of old templets will work fine using the same method. Most give me this error. I’ve tried ticking other boxes in the shipping inspector and get other errors. However to try and isolate the root cause, I have compared a working templet to one that gives this same error and all of the fields in the shipping inspector are identical.

Attempting to upload the following screenshots:
Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 4.52.12 PM
Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 4.52.23 PM

Can you show a screenshot of the opened “Package Details” panel? Maybe this will give us some clues.
Also, do you still get that eBay error if you select “revise entire listing” instead of “selected properties only”?

Screen Shot 2024-02-29 at 11.58.36 AM

Hey I didn’t think to try the revise entire listing. That seems to work. I revised a single listing as well as a group of listings and so far no errors.

The reason I usually revise using selected properties is because ebay sometimes prohibits changing the price or photos until all offers are expired. I hadn’t thought of revising the entire listing. This is an acceptable solution for me at this time. I basically need to add international shipping on a group of items and this fits the bill.

Thanks for your help and let me know if you need any other info or screenshots.

1 Like

Thank you for posting the screenshot. Glad to hear it’s working fine when you do a full revise.
I am tapping in the dark why eBay returns the error when doing a partial revise though. Maybe the entered values are too low for the selected package type? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.