"Payment Options" after account moves to Managed Payments

eBay says that accounts migrated to Managed Payments will be able to offer buyers new ways of paying - “Credit card, debit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, PayPal Credit”

However GarageSale 8.1 has only the following Payment Option possibilities - Credit Cards accepted, See Description, PayPal, Personal Cheque, Postal Order or Banker’s Draft or Escrow.

How will Managed Payments work in GarageSale ? It currently looks as if Managed Payments is not supported…

It should be no problem for you to use ebay Managed Payments with GarageSale. There’s no specific payment option for that yet so GarageSale requires you to select any payment method. On listing upload eBay will ignore that setting and return a message. You can ignore that message and start the listing anyway.

Regards, Kristian

@kristian What do I put in the “payment options” drop down menu for managed payments by eBay? It is now set to “PAYPAL”. Will GS automatically set to managed payments for all future listings?

As far as I can tell there’s no “managed payment” options offered by eBay in their API yet. That’s why there’ no way for us to implement such an option in GarageSale so far.

However, as I wrote earlier, it should be no problem to use ebay Managed Payments with GarageSale. GarageSale requires you to select any payment method, e.g. “Paypal”. On listing start eBay will ignore these settings and return a warning (which you can ignore and start the listing anyway) and use the managed payments option automatically.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.