Pictures dissapearing when listed at GTC

When an item is listed as buy it now and GTC(eBay does not let 3o day buy it now auctions list anymore), Ebay automatically relists after 30 days. The pictures in the listing dissapear and an empty box is displayed which looks horrible. The listing still has the gallery images from eBay but none hosted on garage sale. This makes garage sale incompatible with ebay for me unless I only want to list auctions.
Is there any work around for this? I am having to go into dozens of listings and redoing photos. I cannot imagine doing this every 30 days and yes, I have subscribed on garage sale for the GTC option

My guess is that you started a listing that you imported from eBay.
Can you post a link to one of your listings in question so I can have a closer look at it?

Regards, Kristian

Hi Kristian,
Here is a link to one of the listings that (I have dozens like this) I don’t think I relisted them manually, eBay now relists every 30 days for all GTC listings

Did you forgot to add the link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153986290752

I had a look at the listing’s source code:
The image URLs inside the item description are no longer active / the images no longer exist on the image server.
You inititally started the listing end of April using GarageSale 7.0.20.
It seems you later imported that listing from eBay and started (or revised or relisted) it. Probably to make it a fixed-price item (GTC).

GarageSale’s free image service free image server does not support GTC listings. Images last on the iwascoding server for 60 days (if not prolonged by GarageSale).

You might want to switch to eBay’s picture service in the GarageSale preferences > eBay > eBay Images if you want to stay with GarageSale 7
or
you upgrade to GarageSale 8 Pro. With the GarageSale 8 Pro subscribtion service you can use the GarageSale’s image service even for fixed-price items.

However, you should check first if the image files still exists in your listing: Switch to GarageSale’s Editor and check the image field. Do you see all the images listed there?
If not, you’d need to re-add them and revise the listing.

https://manual.iwascoding.com/gs8/en/Listings_Section-Revising_Listings.html

Regards, Kristian

Kristen,
I have purchased GTC pictures on garage sale and the license is good until September 5, 2020. I usually use Garage Sale pics and ebay free picture service. So I do not understand why the pictures are disappearing I will attach a screen shot of the license

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 10.17.10 AM.png

The images in your listing was not uploaded using the GTC image option. They were uploaded to the “normal” free GarageSale’s image service.
Maybe you initially started a listing in auction format - that might explain it. If not, then the GTC image option was not enabled at that time.

Regards, Kristian

Kristian,
I apologize for being dense. How do I activate GTC image option, is it automatic if the listing is GTC when first listing? I do think you’re on to something, I believe I did list many of those as auctions

Regards,

Cathy

As I can see in your screenshot your GTC image option is active until Sep 5, 2020.
If you start a GTC listing from within GarageSale, it will be uploaded to the GarageSale’s image service and stay there as long as the listing is active.

Regards, Kristian

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.